Site Blank After Editing Header Text

Hello

I was just editing with the BB Theme using on of the skins and when I went to add text to the header area in the theme settings menu, it turned the entire site to a blank white page and you can’t see anything. It like it messed the theme up, all graphics and content are gone from the view site.

Any ideas how to restore it? Or what happened? I can provide you with login details if you need. The is url is http://stage5.brnweb.com

Thanks!
Cody

[Content Hidden]

Hey Cody,

Sorry to hear about the issues, I just logged in and everything appears to be as it should for me. Are you still having the issue on your side?

Best,
Billy

Yes sir, the dashboard works but when you go to view the site it is blank I have tried chrome and safari and flushed cache but still no luck.

Hey Cody,

Sorry about this. Can you please enable WP Debug for us, that might help us figure out what’s going on. You can do that by editing this line from false to true in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Also, to get this resolved as quickly as possible, could you possibly provide us with a FTP or SFTP login?

Do you remember exactly what settings you were working on that caused the site to white-screen?

Thanks!

One more quick question, would it be okay for us to disable/reenable your plugins to check if any of those are causing an issue?

Feel free to tell me no to any of these requests :slight_smile: I am just trying to get you back up and running ASAP.

sure feel free to do whatever you need to in regards to plugins or anything else. I am sending you the info in a private message

When I added a logo to the header then added the header text on the right side with a phone number is when it happened

[Content Hidden]

Thanks Cody!

Ok, we figured out it has something todo with the Event Calendar plugin you’re using. For now, I have it disabled and you can continue to work on the site. Sorry for the trouble.

I know Justin (our lead dev) was troubleshooting an issue with this particular plugin in the past. I don’t think he ever figured a fix. Let us take a closer look and see if we can figure out a fix. In the meantime, I hate to say it, but it would probably be best to leave the plugin deactivated.

Sorry for the trouble.

Ok not a problem thank you so much for your help! Glad it was a simple fix :slight_smile:

Cody

Hi Cody,

I found the issue and patched your site. It looks like we’re using the same PHP LESS processor that the Events plugin is using. I just needed to wrap our include with a check for that to keep the error from happening. Let me know if you run into anything else!

Justin

ok thank you!