Site URL change makes things disappear

Hi folks! I had my site working perfectly using the Beaver Builder plugin. The home page, for example, was using a page developed in BB.

Then I decided to change the website URL. I changed it in Wordpress backend, then updated the server settings, DNS, and every single record of the URL in the database.

The site does not look right now. What should I do?

The URL is mage.ninja

Thanks!

Hey Michael,

Thanks for posting! That’s actually normal since most of the data on your site are still pointing towards the old URL. Do you mind sharing what the old URL was? I’d suggest running a serialized search and replace on your site, searching for all instances of the old URL and replacing it with the new one. You can do that by using the Better Search Replace plugin. Just make sure you make a backup of your site’s DB before doing so.

Ben

Ben, I went directly into the database and changed the old URL to new wherever they were. The old URL was magentoprofits.com.

Hey Michael,

Sorry, that won’t do. WP stores data in a serialized array. Doing a standard search and replace would only break the serialization, causing the problem you are having right now. Did you make a backup of your DB before doing so? I’d suggest loading that backup and do the search/replace using the plugin I mentioned above.

Ben

That was the problem! Thanks!

Awesome! Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben