Some bb-theme effects not surviving site Clone

Hi guys,

Quick, and probably dumb, noob question…

Got a website up and running using Beaver Builder, the bb-theme etc and it all runs really well.

Now as part of wanting to control the flow of changes to the site I have setup a Clone of it using the Softaculous applet on my cpanel page. Not sure how commonly this is used, but in short it takes a Clone of my site and then lets me make changes to the Clone which I can then “Push” to the main site once I’m happy.

Just noticed today that some formatting that is perfectly OK on my Clone of the site, is getting lost after I “Push” it to the main site.

Is this something anyone has come across before?

Also happy to take recommendations on better ways to clone the site for development purposes. I use UpdraftPlus to backup and its Pro version has a Clone facility, but its quite expensive for what I need for now.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience with Softaculous and haven’t used cPanel is over 10 years. The problem is most likely related to how it pushes those changes.

To clone your site, I don’t have any experience with the plugin, but you could try this one.

Hi Danny,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have managed to get past this problem now. Still not 100% certain what the issue was, it appears that it may have had something to do with not enough disk space for the cloned image. Suffice to say that it is working now, both via my original Softaculous “Push” process and I am also experimenting with another plugin called ManageWP which offers a Clone function. Both are working fine now.

So at the end of the day, the good news is that it doesn’t look like a Beaver Builder issue !!

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Regards,

Andrew