Subscriber Module Mailchimp Single Opt In

Firstly,
You guys Rock! I love the new subscriber module!!! Thank yoU!

The one BIG thing that I am not finding is the ability to do SINGLE OPT IN for Mailchimp. This is a crucial feature and I am wondering if you guys will be implementing it soonish. It actually prevents me from using it. Thanks!
Todd

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the kind words. I have already assigned someone from the development team to look at this.

Ben

Hey Todd,

The ability to do single opt-in isn’t currently possible as you mention, but we do plan on adding that ability using a filter. We’ll add that feature in soon and have documentation on how to enable it to boot!

Best,
Billy

Hi Todd,

MailChimp strongly recommends against single opt-ins, so instead of adding a setting for that, we decided to go with a filter. Add this filter to your functions.php file to disable double opt-ins…

add_filter( 'fl_builder_mailchimp_double_option', '__return_false' );

Additionally, you can add this filter to your functions.php file to disable the welcome message…

add_filter( 'fl_builder_mailchimp_welcome', '__return_false' );

You can read more about these on our Filter Reference page.

Those aren’t live yet but will be available in the next update that should be out next week. Keep an eye out for that!

Justin

Justin, thank you so much!
I am away from the site but will give it a try!
Awesome service
Todd

Hey Guys,
I went into Dynamik Custom and entered the code above into my Functions PHP area and when I refresh the page it is completely blank no nav bar or anything. If I remove it then refresh everything is fine. Am I missing something. Is this the proper place to put this?
Thanks!
Todd

Hi Todd,

The code is meant to be a PHP script so it needs to be placed inside the tags <?php and ?>. Could you send a screenshot of where you placed the code so we may check? Better yet, are you able to grant us temporary admin access to the site?

Ben

Hey Todd,

Also, this code should work, but it won’t do anything until the next release as that will contain the filters for single opt-in. That is planned for Sunday.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Todd. Can you send over a login link as well? :slight_smile:

So would the blank page be normal until the update?

No, the blank page shouldn’t be happening at all.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hi Todd,

I was able to add it without any issues. Maybe there was a copy/paste error before. Anyhow, if you update to the latest version of Beaver Builder those filters should work now.

Justin

Hi Justin, that is great thanks! I have 1.5.5, is that the most recent one?

Hi Todd,

1.5.6 is the most recent.

Thanks,
Justin

interesting my WP site is not showing that 1.5.6 is ready for update. Should i just download from my account?

never mind, just found it!

Not sure, what I am doing wrong but still cannot get this to respond as single optin. No matter what I do it is sending subscriber an optin email. Thanks for helping

Hi Todd,

I’m not 100% sure, but it could have something to do with the fact that you’re pasting that within a settings field instead of your theme’s functions.php file where filters should go. Can you try pasting it there instead?

Thanks,
Justin

Ok, finally got it all figured out…Thanks for all your support Justin and team!