Theme customizer live preview breaking when marketpress activated

Hi,

When Marketpress plugin is enabled the live preview in the wordpress theme customizer doesn’t work for beaver builder themes (It still seems to work fine for 2016 theme). When a change is made the screen greys out like it is loading the change but then the same screen loads without the change being made.

Saving the changes and exiting the customizer still works and changes are made but the live preview doesn’t work. Disabling marketpress instantly fixes this issue.

Looking in the error console I can see this:

load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,nav-menu,utils,plupload&ver=4.4.2:5 POST http://sub.domain.com/ 500 (Internal Server Error)

I’m not sure if the responsibility lies with Marketpress or Beaver Builder theme but it only occurs when Marketpress is activated and only it seems in Beaver Builder theme so there is an incompatibility somewhere I think.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hey Mike,

I installed the MarketPress Lite plugin on the WP repo and it works fine with the BB theme’s customizer on my local dev. Are you using the same version or are you using a premium version?

Ben

I discovered the issue was that I had migrated the site from Upfront theme and Upfront stores images in the database with spaces in the names. I think this is what caused the ajax error.

Hi Mike,

Is your issue now resolved?

Thanks,
Danny