Trying to make a Page but always defaults to Posts + tutorial 4 making NavBar?

Is there isn’t a way in BB to create a nav bar, is there anyplace online you can direct me that will instruct me in how to do that? Do I have to learn how to do that in the WP Customizer or what?

Also, when I start with constructing a page in BB why is it not in full screen mode, why on the left side is it still displaying all the WP stuff like the domain name, just another WP site, the search area, and the other stuff: Recent Posts, Recent Comments, Archives, Categories and Meta, down on the left side there, just like it would appear if you were making a post, and not a Page, which I am. Meaning, even though when I’m in the dashboard and I hit PAGES and make a Page, it still looks like a Post. It even says for instance, Post #8. Why is it defaulting to posts when I’m making a page?

Sorry if I’m asking stupid questions, I’m just very confused. Thanks for your individual help in getting me started using this product.

Hi Warren,
Define a nav bar ?
What theme are you using ? (BB theme has a sticky header?)
Also be aware that the builder now has a menu module ?
Don’t forget headers and footers are controlled by the theme, the content in between is controlled by the BB page builder - (unless you are working on a BB theme page with no header and footer!)

I’m a bit unsure about your question on constructing a page ?
You can start off editing a page in the WP admin OR from the front end via the admin bar, but regardless you end up in the Page Builder edit area.

Internally WP stores pages and posts in the same table, so each one has a post ID - that is all!

Hope I’ve understood ?
Cheers, Dave

Hey Dave,

Thanks for jumping in! :slight_smile:

Warren,

Usually, you can create navigation items under Appearance > Menu but this is controlled by the theme you are using. Other themes may place it somewhere else.

You are actually creating a page, those other items there are your logo, tagline, and sidebar. All of the questions above are actually related to WordPress, not the BB plugin. I’d suggest searching online for WP tutorials, you should find a lot.

Ben

Ok I’ll look for WP tutorials on creating a navigation bar …

But I think you still don’t understand what it is I’m trying to explain: when I do into my dashboard and hit create new Page (not post) and open up the BB page builder it loads up to the right of all that
“post” stuff I described. It doesn’t offer you the full screen to work with, not like it looks in the BB tutorial videos. This happens regardless of whether I’m using any of the themes like Lucy or even a blank page. Do you get what I mean?? The left “sidebar” is always taken up with that standard “post” stuff: comments, archives etc. Is that normal??

Actually I misspoke in the last comment: I meant if you open a BB template like HOPE (not “Lucy”) or a Blank one, you come up with all that other stuff on the left …

Hey Warren,

That is your sidebar, that is normal for most themes. Depending on the the theme, you should be able to turn it off or remove it completely. You might want to check out your theme’s documentation regarding that.

Ben

Um, ok. If for example I’m using the Hope theme how exactly (step by step for beginners) do I turn that off and get to the full screen mode that I see in all the video tutorials??

Maybe I can send you a screen shot so that you can understand what I’m talking about??

Hey Warren,

Hope is not a theme but a page template/layout that comes with BB. You can check your theme under Appearance > Theme. That theme right there is what’s controlling the sidebar and everything else except for the page contents. Sorry for the confusion.

Ben

Yes I guess I called it by the wrong term. So I go into Appearance, Theme, and it says it’s using the 2015 Theme. So I hit Customize. Then what? Can you walk me through the process that will allow me to get to the full screen BB mode? And how come this isn’t discussed in the videos or anywhere else that I can see, is it only me??

Addendum: I’ve even gone on to Youtube and looked at some demo videos for BB and in none of those does the working area look like what I’ve got. So I’m a bit perplexed.

Hey Warren,

I think you may have the posts page set as your homepage at the moment. Have you taken a look at our general setup article by chance? Maybe that will help a bit. Let me know if so and we can go from there!

Best,
Billy

Ok I did all of that to the letter and still got the same result, how disappointing. I went to Pages, add new, called it HOME PAGE, then hit publish. Went to Settings, Reading, clicked on the Static Page radio button, Front Page, Home Page. Launched the BB page builder for that page and still got all that stuff on the left side. Now what?

Hang tight, Warren, we’ll get it figured out. Would you mind providing temp admin access to your site so I can login and take a look? When doing so, make sure to tick the ‘set as private reply’ option below so your login info is hidden to the public.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Warren,

I see the issue. Twenty Fifteen (your current theme) has a native sidebar that isn’t removable unfortunately. You’ll need to use a different theme that doesn’t have that type of layout. While in your themes area, you can click on add new and a ton of options will come up. Check that out and you should have no problem choosing a different theme that doesn’t have the native sidebar Twenty Fifteen does. Hope that helps, but let me know how you get on.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Awesome, glad to have helped Warren, enjoy! :slight_smile: