Trying to save modules just gives me the loading bar indefinitely.

I’ve got a site i’m working on where I first noticed the loading bar issue on trying to paste HTML code in, but since doing that (and it not working) i’ve decided to come back to that page later and now when i try to save a text box with an unordered list it just does the same thing and loads and loads and loads. anything i should look for to fix this?

Hey Mitchell,

I would definitely start with looking at the HTML you inserted. Sounds like it could be missing a character or something to that effect. You could try removing it all together and testing. If it works as it should, there is something up with the HTML you are trying to insert. Let me know what you find!

Best,
Billy

It happens even in just the basic module text editor when trying to add text and then clicking the button to make it a list. i’ve tried using chrome and firefox. i’ve tried pasting in plain text, and typing it in from scratch.

this is what i’ve narrowed it down to. (after much painstaking troubleshooting)

“Access to Robust Database (Over 13,000 owner-users, investors, & brokers)” is what is breaking the box.

If i remove the () then it works, or, if i add a period after database it will save. otherwise it just loads and loads and loads and i have to refresh the page.

Hey Mitchell,

Would you mind shooting us a few things to test. Temp admin access (via private reply option below) and a link to where we can look at this in action should do the trick!

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Mitchell,

I tried using the first code on a regular WP page with BB disabled and using twentyX theme. I don’t get any errors but I can’t see a subscribe button to click for the popup? I have made a page titled ‘BB Test Page’ on your site and placed the code directly to the WP editor and saved it. When I visit the page, nothing is there. I did see the popup once when I first placed the code in but after that, none. No subscribe button or text or whatsoever. You can check the page as well.

The second code should work fine on a BB HTML module. I have tried it on 2 dev sites. The error must have been caused by a 3rd party conflict, could be a plugin or a theme. If you can, try going through the plugin deactivation route, i.e., disable all plugins and test the Beaver Builder while reactivating each to determine if the issue is related to a 3rd party plugin.

Ben

so i disabled everything except for the BB plugin and still it just loads and loads. it displays behind it no problem, but it will just load forever. If i refresh the page the HTML box stays but there is no code in it. i tried loading that second code i sent you. any ideas?

Screenshot of loading

Hey Mitchell,

I couldn’t help but notice that the code is MailChimp related. Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you wouldn’t give our subscribe module a shot? It has MailChimp integration. If that doesn’t quite work for you, what about the MailChimp plugin that can generate a shortcode to be inserted in our HTML module? Sorry, I just feel these may be easier options for you unless I am missing something?

Best,
Billy

I did not know that was an option, i’ll be honest. thank you!

It does still make me worried though for when I need to upload the search feature. I suppose on that page I could just not use the builder at all and just do like you did on the BB test page. I’ll let you know if I run into any further problems. Thanks!

Awesome, no worries at all! Give it a shot, I think you’ll really like it! :slight_smile:

As to the other issue, I’m coming in a bit late so I’ll let Ben take a look when he gets in if you don’t mind.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Mitchell,

The only thing I see wrong with the code is how they are importing their JS script. I managed to get it to work by adding this function to the functions.php file, preferably in a child theme.

function enqueue_buildout_script() {
  wp_enqueue_script( 'buildout-script','http://buildout.com/api.js?v7' );
}
add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts','enqueue_buildout_script');

You then need to remove this part of the code <script type="text/javascript" src="http://buildout.com/api.js?v7"></script> and paste the remaining into an HTML module. It should work just fine.

Hope this helps!

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Mitchell,

I tried those codes you have above and they work just fine. You’ll need the child theme activated for that to work though since the function is in there. Do you mind sharing admin access to the site so we can check?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Mitchell,

Sorry but the account doesn’t have access to the theme files, I’d need to check those as well if possible. It would also help if I can see the plugins. :slight_smile:

[Content Hidden]

No worries! Is this site live? Do you think I can disable any of the plugins?

Ben

The site is on a temp domain and set to not be indexed by google so you can do whatever you want in it at the moment. i just performed a backup so you’re good to go.

Hey Mitchell,

I think there is some permissions issue going on here. Firstly, I tried my method on a localhost. Thinking it doesn’t work on a live site, I tried it on one and it works just as well. You could try calling your hosting provider and you can give them this error I get every time I add the code in(sorry, imgur was down so I uploaded to your server instead, you can delete it after downloading a copy). It shows we are forbidden to access some files in the WP install.

Ben