Unable to edit Accordion when title includes Chinese characters

Hello,

I wanted to follow up on an issue previously reported by another user as I’m experiencing the same thing - http://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/accordion-module-bug/.

Chinese characters can be added both to the title field and main content field, and the Accordion can be saved without any problems. However, when trying to edit the Accordion after it has been saved, the editor lightbox is stuck continuously loading.

I did some testing, and just as the other user who previously reported the issue mentioned, it looks like it occurs when 12 or more Chinese characters are included in the title. If fewer than 12 characters are included, then it behaves as it should.

I tried deactivating all other plugins and switching to the default theme, and the issue still exists.

Here is an example of a string I’m trying to include in the title field for one of the accordion items:

Full string = 去过朝鲜后我还可以申请其他国家的签证吗?

And here are some examples of the shortened string for testing:

10 Chinese characters = 去过朝鲜后我还可以申

11 Chinese characters = 去过朝鲜后我还可以申请

12 Chinese characters = 去过朝鲜后我还可以申请其

13 Chinese characters = 去过朝鲜后我还可以申请其他

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks

Hey Nate!

Sorry to hear about the issue! BB 1.7.7 should fix this. Try updating BB and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Jun

Hi Jun,

It looks like BB 1.7.7 fixes the issue, thanks for addressing it so quickly!

Nate

Hey Nate!

Glad to hear it’s sorted out now and thanks for taking the time to let us know. We appreciate it!

Have a nice day!

Jun