Unable to edit module after update

I tweaked one of my rows with a negative margin last week, then updated the BB plugin today and now I’m unable to bring up the module at all for editing. It doesn’t “highlight” when I mouse over it. This behavior occurs in both Safari and Firefox, and I have disabled my server and browser caches. Other modules on the page are fine, which makes me think it’s the negative margin. Ideas?

[Content Hidden]

Hey Julie,

Good to hear from you and hope things have been good! So, I looked into the issue here and I believe it has something to do with a plugin that adds the pop-out contact form. When I access the builder on that page, there is a split second to where I can edit everything in that row, but once that pop-out contact form loads up, I lose that ability and am just able to edit the actual row settings. Can I have you try disabling that plugin to see if it works as it should?

Best,
Billy

That’s not it. I disabled it, but no change and it worked fine with that plugin before. Also, my other client is having same issue with buttons we can’t click to edit (both sites BB theme and BB plugin). Thanks…

My issue seems similar to this one:
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/bug-cannot-edit-if-background-overlay-is-implemented/

Both sites where I am having this problem also use background images beneath the modules.

Hey Julie,

Yep, we have a bug here that we are looking into and will have a fix out for soon. In the meantime and I know it isn’t optimal, but if you need to edit, go ahead and remove the bg overlay which should allow you to edit.

Best,
Billy

Thanks Billy. Good luck with your fix. I’ll just remove the overlay and edit. Thanks for your responses!

Hey Julie,

Just letting you know we’ve already fixed the issue on our end and will be available on the next maintenance patch. In the meantime, you can fix the issue by adding the CSS snippet below. :slight_smile:

.fl-block-overlay-active .fl-row-content {
  z-index: 100007 !important;
}

Ben

Thanks Ben, great news…

Thank you! I know all too well how one line of code can fix things. (In my case, it’s usually ONE pesky character!) Once again, I know i can depend on the BB team. I appreciate you all so much. Thank you for making my business a pleasure.

Thx for that snippet Ben solved my issue also!

Thank you!

No worries at all! Another update: we’ll be releasing 1.7.5 today since the bug seems to be quite a big one.

Ben

I’ll keep an eye out for the release. I just updated a client site to 1.7.4 and now they are complaining that they can’t edit some of the pages. The selector only shows the row selection and none of the modules in the row. So that sounds like it it this but.

Also, on the page in question, a number of margins now appear incorrect. Would this be a symptom of this same bg overlay issue or is this likely to be a different problem?

Hi Norm,

Would it be possible for you to create your own forum topic and provide as much info as possible and a link to your site. So we can try diagnose your issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Sure can Danny, but I was thinking that I would wait to see if the 1.7.5 build release fixes the known issue. That may be the issue that I’m seeing so it wouldn’t be necessary to create another ticket. If the 1.7.5 release doesn’t fix mine then I can create another ticket…

or… would you rather that I do create a ticket anyway so you can look at it in case there are other problems with 1.7.4?

Hi Norm,

It is entirely up to you. However, I would prefer to check these margins just in-case. If you do create a topic, can you provide a screenshot if possible of what the page looked like before the update, please?

Thanks,
Danny

Hey Danny… Done. I created a separate thread to look at the possible margin issues.

http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/margin-formating-seems-off-after-1-7-4-update/

Thanks for the interim fix prior to your update, great job guys as always.

Hey Norm,

I’ve already replied to your other topic. :slight_smile:

Russell,

No worries at all, and thanks for the kind words! Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Ben