Update Production Site from Local

Hello,

I’ve been a working on a new version of my website locally. I’m ready to update the production site but I’m hitting a wall here.

It took me a month to finish the new version locally and in the meantime I’ve had several Woocommerce orders, posts published, comments,…

What I tried to do is update the local site using WP Migrate Pro but the problem is it’s erasing all my BB work because it’s saved in the wp_posts db.

Does anyone have an idea ?

It would be great to be able to export your BB work to use it on another website.

Thank you.

Hey Greg,

I’d suggest just exporting all the contents on your localhost, then import them to your live site. You can then run the serialized search and replace to remove all local URLs.
https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/

Hope this helps!

Ben

This is what I did, but there’s been a month since then and I’ve had several orders and posts published on the production site.

I’m not going to start everything from scratch again.

Hey Greg,

What kind of update are you doing on your site? Are you doing new pages and templates? What I meant on my first response was for you to export all pages you’ve created on your localhost and import them to the live site. You’ll probably want to export your media gallery as well. As a precaution, I’d suggest taking a backup copy of the live site before doing it. Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Ben

I’m doing a new design. I almost didn’t use BB on the live site and I’m using it a lot on the local version.
What I’m trying to do is import current datas (with WP Migrate Pro) from live site to local site such as Woocommerce Orders & Customers, Blog Posts & Comments to be able to make a full backup with Backup Buddy and replace it with the live version.

No luck so far as BB is using the wp-posts tables, it erases all of my local work.

Hey Greg,

I’m not really sure that will work, I believe all native posts/pages are being stored in the _posts table. BB on the other hand, stores the data under the _postmeta table. Check the link below for more info.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/knowledge-base/wordpress-editor-content/

Is the method I provided above not an option for you?

Ben

Well you suggested to export all pages but it doesn’t solve the problem of the woocommerce orders, customers and comments not being up to date on my local site.

Hi Greg,

Do you need the WooCommerce stuff to be up-to-date on your local site? You should be able to export BB pages from local and import them into production. We do a similar thing on this site as it’s constantly getting new WC data. We don’t worry about the WC data on local though as we don’t need it there. Let me know what you think.

Justin

Hi,

How do you export bb pages?

Hi Greg,

That can be done just like any standard WordPress post or page under Tools > Export. Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Justin

Thank you Justin. The problem is I’ve got new plugins with their own settings and content on the new version so it’s not just a matter of exporting BB pages.

Do you have an idea ?

Hey Greg,

Unfortunately I believe there is no automated way to do this. I’m no migration expert though, so you might try posting in our Facebook group to see if the hivemind has any suggestions.

When we have big updates like that on this site, we put it into maintenance mode and then manually install and setup new plugins that are required. That might be one route to consider.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer.

Justin