Updated to WordPress 4.0.1

Could my updating of WordPress be why Page Builder (working with Automator Child Theme) does not allow me to enter text into a Text Editor? When the text editor box opens, it will not allow me to Save & Finish, Save & Preview, or Cancel. I’ve been working with FastLine Page Builder (Pro version) 1.2.6, which I believe is compatible with WP 4.0 – not 4.0.1. As well, I also installed WooCommerce and PayPal for WooCommerce. Could one of these installations have caused a conflict with Page Builder (of whom I’m a big fan)? Many thanks. Kind regards.

Further to post above, I have since dutifully updated the Page Builder to the latest update offered (was it posted a very short while ago?) and have updated the Automator Theme, which I presume also includes updating the Automator Child Theme. Still not able to save text content in Page Builder. Noticed a difference, as well; there are now two buttons: Save and Cancel. Neither work. Thanks again.

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies the issues! Have you updated to the very latest version of the plugin - 1.4.0? Also, are you getting any errors that you could provide? Have you tried disabling your plugins to see if it could be a plugin conflict? Either way, go ahead and send us temp login details to your site and we’ll take a look!

Best,
Billy

Hi, Billy et al.
I’ve gone ahead and deactivated plugins and turned them one at a time to test them, as you have suggested. Great idea! The culprit is definitely WooCommerce. My understanding is that this is the way to go with regard to online shopping. Mind you, our needs are not elaborate in this area. Please see http://www.vicrisis.ca/existing/asist/. The PayPal shopping cart setup on that page is typical for four course series, print resource directory sales, and membership application. If you have something to recommend that would meet these needs, be responsive, and be compatible with Page Builder (Pro version), that would be great. Also, we require a number of forms to be filled out. I have not begun reproducing these in the new site yet. Here’s our longest and most important: http://www.vicrisis.ca/existing/volunteer-application-form/. Once again, if you have a plugin to recommend that would result in responsive forms, that would be great. Lastly, if you would still like to log in temporarily to the new website, please let me know how I should send you these parameters with security concerns in mind. Forgot to mention that PageBuilder 1.4.0 is indeed activated. Thanks again. Have a good one…

That is very interesting and thanks for letting me know! We actually really like WooCommerce and our website uses Woo for purchasing our products and managing our store. This is great info though as we’ll certainly need to look into this before upgrading and potentially breaking our store! If you’re other current cart setup is working fine, you are probably good to go, but in terms of a recommendation, we really stand behind WooCommerce.

Re. forms, Gravity Forms is fantastic! It may be a bit on the expensive side, but no other form plugin can compare so that is what I would recommend there.

I would love to login and see if I can determine what may be going wrong with Woo in the site. Would you mind sending temp login details so we can take a look? Please mark the reply as private.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hi Joanne,

Hope all has been well. Just wanted to check in on this forum post to see if you are still having issues or if one of our most recent updates has fixed any issues you were having. Let me know when you get a chance and Happy Holidays!

Best,
Billy