Upgrading Pro Plugin from one version to another

Hi. Loving beaver builder! Can’t wait to see how you extend it in the future, but I have a question.

Are there any special steps needed to upgrade the plugin from say 1.6.x to 1.7.x? I tried uploading the new zip file and it failed since the other version already exists. I don’t have access to add folders manually to the server and must constrain myself to the wp-admin interface.

Hi Joe,

Are you not able to update automatically through the WordPress Admin Dashboard? Are you not seeing any notification of an update being available?

Thanks,
Danny

Nope. I’m not seeing the auto update. I installed the zip file via the upload button using the zip I downloaded from the download page on this site, but it won’t take the new zip file since the old plugin is there. I am afraid to delete the plugin and don’t want to lose the work that I have done (I’ve populated content on the stpats-dev.mst.edu site.) Currently using the Version 1.6.4.4. Is there a process that I can follow to safely keep my content intact if I delete the plugin and install the new one?

Hi Joe,

Can you perform a backup and then provide temp admin access to your site, please? So we can take a closer look.

Thanks,
Danny

@JoeMiner - have you put your License Key in?
Settings >> Page Builder

Hi there Beaver Builders!

Can you please help me install my BB Pro? I have a failure plugin.

Thanks

Thanks Dave! That was the issue. D’oh!

Well I said that was the issue, but I’m not getting a notification of a new update yet. I’m using a multi-site installation so I added the key on the site that I’m using the plugin, but I believe updates have to be done via the Network Admin page - is this an issue? Or does it take a few hours to notify me of the new update? There is no settings page for the plugin via the Network Admin page.

@JoeMiner - The updates will come from the normal wordpress updates page - but someetimes it takes a couple of refreshes for it to appear.
regards, Dave

Hey Hendrik,

Do you mind creating a new forum topic for your issue and we’ll take it from there? :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben, BB Pro is activated. Thanks! Will address new forum for future issues…my bad

Hey Hendrik,

No worries at all! And good to hear you got it working! Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Ben