Video not saving

On a client site - she’s been trying to add video (using embed from youtube) but it won’t save. The page just freezes. Can add other elements but not video.

Any ideas?

Have you tried it?
Maybe paste in here the embedded code she is using for us to see…
Let us know…
Dave

Hi Dave. Yes, I’ve tried it. It’s not working.

This is the embed code.
<iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZHfGtbbIZB4” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi Aaron,
I can’t fault the code, it works fine for me - not experiencing any freezing!
The usual thing to do next is find out if another plugin is causing the issue.
Sorry I can’t help further.
Dave

No problem, Dave. It’s not a plugin issue but it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had a conflict between BB and the theme I’m using. That’s why I’m rebuilding the site with the BB child theme, but that’s taking time and in the meantime, the client wants to make changes.

Just thought I’d check to see if anyone else was having issues with the video module.

Aaron

Hey Dave,

Thanks for jumping in! :slight_smile:

Aaron,

Do you mind sharing temp admin access to the site in question so we can take a look?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Any luck, Ben?

Aaron

I’ve tried every variation of youtube embed code into the video box, html and text editor box. Nothing will save.

Hi Aaron,

On quick inspection of your site, you appear to have a cache plugin active. This is likely the cause of your issue. As we recommend not having any cache plugin active whilst using the page builder.

Can you try flushing the cache of that plugin, then disable and try adding your video again.

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks Danny. Not working. In fact, things have gone from bad to worse.

I tried adding a test page, and when I went to activate the page builder, I was redirected to the homepage (on which BB doesn’t work, and hasn’t for quite a while even though it was built with BB).

This is really frustrating because in the eyes of the client, I look inept because I can’t fix the issue. I believe I’m about to lose the client.

About to throw in the towel on BB I’m afraid. Sorry guys.

Hey Aaron,

We’ve a lot of users using the Dynamik - Genesis - BB combo and they’ve never had issues. I think most of the issues you’re experiencing are with the plugins you’re using. I did notice that when creating a new page and hitting the page builder, I get redirected to the homepage. You have to publish the page before the page builder starts working. It seems we are barred from visiting pages in draft status, and it sounds like a feature your membership plugin handles. There may be a setting there that’s causing this issue, or it could be another plugin, I’m not entirely sure. One way to check would be to disable all plugins except BB and check for the issue. Then enable each one until you find out the culprit.

Re the video issue, this is caused by ModSec on your hosting. I’d suggest getting in touch with them and either have them turn it off, or add an exception. You can tell them adding the iframe code to a BB module is what’s triggering it.

Hope this helps, and let us know if we can assist you further!

Ben

Thanks Ben.

Got the video issue sorted with the host - it was modsec.

The redirect issue (eventhough the page was saved when I tried accessing BB) seems to be resolved now as well.

Still can’t access with BB any page set to “home” but the workaround I’m using is to have 2 versions of the same page, make the edits in the non-live page, then switch it to “home” in settings, putting the original page in draft. Works but isn’t perfect. Looking forward to moving to the BB theme and switching hosts.

Thanks for your help and patience.

No worries at all, Arron! Glad I could help! Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben