Visual Editor in the Text editor module stopped working

I have created a number of BB posts with no issues.
But a few days later I try to go into the BB posts to make some changes and in the BB Text Editor modules only the TEXT tab works. I can’t switch to the Visual tab in any of the BB posts I created.

I have turned off my cache plugin (which was active when i first created the BB posts) and I have even tried turning off other plugins… nothing fixes the issue. Also, when i try to make changes in the BB TEXT tab (in BB text editor) the updates are very slow and seem to lock up for a bit sometimes. Nothing else has changed on my site or with my server that I am aware of.

my site is https, but was that way when i created the BB posts

any one that can help me fix this very big concern I owe a big favor to :slight_smile:

thanks!!

I fixed it but not yet sure what specifically is the issue. I deactivated ALL plugins except BB and deactivated all server caching, and …

Now I will start turning things back on one by one. I’ll report back to the BB support community what I find out. Maybe it will help someone else sometime.

UPDATE:

OK, found issue - my CDN (Cloudflare) has a site speed optimization feature for javascript called “RailGun” (Cloudflare description - Improves load time for pages that include JavaScript.).
When i turn that off BB works properly.

There may still be another issue(s) and I am still testing…but that is what I found thusfar.

Hey William,

Thanks for letting us know what was causing the problem! I’d also just like to let you know Cloudflare’s Rocket Load feature doesn’t work with BB as well. Do let us know if you need/find anything further. :slight_smile:

Ben

I’ve had an issue behaving much the same way - the “visual” part of the text editor module went blank - though just in some posts. (De-/re)activating all plugins pointed out UpdraftPlus (an otherwise very recommendable plugin) as the sinner. But clearing the BB cache solved it.

I’ve also had BIG problems when having a CDN service (Incapsulate) running. Not recommendable when developing sites. A solution one one of these sites was to “purge” the cache in the CDN’s control panel (just to know what to search for - especially for us non-english people…)
Kj

Hey Kj,

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Ben

I had a similar problem and it was driving my nuts but disabling the CloudFlare rocket loader option via the speed options in the CloudFlare website appears to have fixed it.

I can’t get the visual portion to show. I’ve re built the same page 3 times, but when I save it (publish it) and attempt to go back in and edit it - it only displays in the text mode and will only allow we to see it in text mode. Any ideas? I’m ready to ask for a refund.

Hey Chrissy,

Welcome to BB forums! Sorry to hear about the problem. I’m not sure if I’m getting this. Do you mean you’re trying to edit the page with BB? You can just click on the “Launch Page Builder” button to continue to edit the page. Is this the answer you’re looking for by chance? I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference.

http://imgur.com/2qJjJh9

Thanks!

KC