What license for my needs?

Hi there,

For info, I currently am under the Standard Membership.

I still don’t quite understand to what extend I can use Beaver Builder in what I’m trying to create.
I pretty much would like to create a Wordpress theme, that clients could tweak and customize using Beaver Builder, that they would host on their own server/hosting plan.

Would any license allow me to do this? I have a hard time understanding the dos & don’t linked to the different licenses.

Thank you very much, and keep up the good work!

Yohan

Hi Yohan! Thanks for the kind words. You can use Beaver Builder on as many client sites as you’d like. All of our licenses include unlimited sites/installs. We don’t support including Beaver Builder in a free or premium theme that is released publicly. Thanks for checking, and let me know if that answers your questions!

Hi Robby!

Thanks for your answer. Yes actually there are still some aspects of it I am sure about.

We don’t support including Beaver Builder in a free or premium theme

So does that mean, I cannot create a Premium Theme that includes Beaver Builder in it, BUT I can individually create websites for clients that include Beaver Builder, that the client could use himself to modify his website?

that is released publicly.

Meaning, a theme that is sold on one of the Theme Websites like Theme Forest, OR just “sold”, period, even on my own website?

My main goal initially was to created a Premium Theme that includes Beaver Builder, where the client could modify some text/layout/photos/etc. by himself, and that I would sell on my website.

This is why I am asking all these questions, I want to make sure the road I’m choosing (either “product-based” or “service-based” type of business) is legal.

Again, thank you for your time, I really appreciate!

Yohan

So does that mean, I cannot create a Premium Theme that includes Beaver Builder in it, BUT I can individually create websites for clients that include Beaver Builder, that the client could use himself to modify his website?

Yohann, this is correct. We don’t support reselling Beaver Builder as product regardless of where the storefront is. Sorry.

Great, thank you for making it clear.

I will then choose to create a “service” type of business, using Beaver Builder.

Just as a confirmation, it means that I have the right to be paid for creating a website for an individual client using Beaver Builder and then letting him/her use Beaver Builder as a way to update his/her website. Is it correct?

If so, will I be able to advertise the fact that I am using the Beaver Builder plugin to create the website, and advertise the fact that the client will be able to use it in the future to update his/her website?

I know I am getting into specifics, and I apologize if I am asking a lot of questions, I just really want to make it right. I appreciate your time.

Hi again,

I know you’re busy right now with the new Agency membership, but I would love to be able to have a clear answer. It’d help me move forward tremendously, and I’m sure I’d help other folks see it clearer as well.

Thanks,

Yohan

Hi Yohan! Sorry for the delay on the response.

Just as a confirmation, it means that I have the right to be paid for creating a website for an individual client using Beaver Builder and then letting him/her use Beaver Builder as a way to update his/her website. Is it correct?

This is correct.

If so, will I be able to advertise the fact that I am using the Beaver Builder plugin to create the website, and advertise the fact that the client will be able to use it in the future to update his/her website?

Sure! There is no problem with this at all.

I hope this clears everything up for you. Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll try to answer faster next time!

That’s perfect, thank you so much!

Yohan