Where do I find the danish language files?

Hi

On http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/knowledge-base/available-translations/ you say that the BB plugin includes danish translations. But when I look in the folder wp-content\plugins\bb-plugin\languages folder I can’t see the .mo- and .po-files for danish (but all the other language files!).

Where do I find them?

Thanks
Torben

Hey Torben,

I’ve already assigned another member of the team to assist you with your concern.

Ben

Hey Torben,

The Danish translation is coming soon actually. I just checked and we’re still awaiting the files from our Danish translator which should be soon hopefully.

Best,
Billy

Hey Billy

OK, so it’s just a little hasty saying that danish is among the current translations on Available Translations? :wink:

I hope you get the files from the Danish translator soon, so I can impress my clients :slight_smile:

All the best
Torben

Yep, I agree! I’ll check in with him shortly here and make sure to check out our change logs from time to time as we’ll add that when we get it!

Best,
Billy

Hey Torben,

Just looked back into this and it looks like we added the Dutch translation to the plugin back in June and the theme late last week. Pardon my ignorance, but are Dutch and Danish different?

Best,
Billy

Dear Billy

Although people from the Netherlands and Denmark share the same humour and both are European countries, then Dutch and Danish are two (very) different languages. If no one is working on the Danish translation yet, then I will gladly make an effort to give it a try!

All the best
Torben

Thanks for the heads-up there, I really had no idea, but then again we are in the US! :slight_smile: That would be super of you! Feel free to email us directly if you do end up doing that via themes[at]fastlinemedia[dot]com.

Best,
Billy

No worries Billy. I will reach you by mail soon :slight_smile:

Hey Torben

Fellow dane here. Just wanna throw in a little wish for the Danish translation: please don’t translate English expressions that we’re using the English version of, in daily language. As an example, the Danish translation of the Divi theme is full to the brim of translations like:

Call to action -> “Opfordring til handling”
etc

Alle mine danske kunder, selv dem spiser Livol 50+ vitaminpiller, kalder en call to action for… en call to action;)

Beaver Builder hedder Beaver Builder, ikke Beaver Byggeren eller Bæver Byggeren :slight_smile:

(i øvrigt ville orddelingen jo være anderledes på dansk – aka “Beaver-byggeren” eller Beaverbyggeren – hvilket der er mange oversættere der ikke forstår…)

Anyway, vil ikke være picky nu du er sød at ville oversætte (cool) – er bare så træt af dårlige danske oversættelser man hellere vil være forsuden:)
Nothing worse than a translation full of literal translations of English expressions not needing translations. Tænk hvis Widgets hed “Småting” eller “Dimser” eller “Smådimser” i WP;)

I rest my case. Tak for fdu vil oversætte! Merci.

PS: Billy… Are Canada and the US distinct countries? ;-p

Hey Oliver

Thank you for your wish for the danish translation. I totally agree with you that I should NOT translate words and sentences to danish where the english version is used in common. On the other hand, I could just pull all the text string trough Google Translate, hit the button and call it a day :wink:

But now when you reach out to me I will definitely reach back to you if I need some fresh danish eyes on my work. I hope that’s ok with you :slight_smile:

All the best
Torben
http://www.webfronten.dk

PS. Do you attend WordCamp Denmark 3.-4. October? https://denmark.wordcamp.org/2015/

Hej Torben

Det er helt i orden. Dog har jeg sindssygt travlt pt, så kan ikke afprøve/svare samme dag etc.

WordCamp:) En dejlig ting, men jeg har desværre ikke tid i starten af oktober.

=)

Oops, wrote my reply in Danish… 20 armstrækkere som straf til Hr. Nielsen!

Hey Oliver

Hold back your selv-punishment! You are just in front of your time. It’s just a question of time before danish is the main language in WP, BB and the rest of the world. I give it about 1 year (or soon after my translation of BB) :slight_smile:

Back to work (and reality)
Torben