Wistia oembed link not working

I have the Wistia Wordpress plugin installed.

http://jscando.wistia.com/medias/ddbka622c0?embedType=async&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640

inserted into native wordpress editor displays video

the same code inserted into BB Video, BB Text Box or BB HTML FAILS and only displays url not video.

Hey C. Marshall,

Which Wistia plugin did you install? I tried the one below and it works fine with the BB Video module using Embed video type.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wistia-wordpress-oembed-plugin/

Ben

Ben,

Really like BB but I can’t get my Wistia videos to play, no matter what kind of embedding I try (iframe, etc.). I have the Wistia plugin you mentioned installed (v0.8) and everything works ok on my non-BB pages but even just a simple BB page with a text box inserted won’t display. I just see the embedded code. I also have some videos hosted on Vimeo and they play fine in BB and non-BB pages.

Any ideas?

Hi Mark,

Can you provide temp admin access so we can take a closer look. Also, if possible, provide a link to the video you’re attempting to embed.

Thanks,
Danny

Can you send me an email address I can reply to with the login information? The email you used was a ‘noreply’ address:

Hi Mark and Danny,

No need for a Wistia plugin :slight_smile:

I just now set up a trial account on Wistia and using their Lenny the Dog sample video, easily inserted it into a BB video module using the Embed method.

On your Wistia account, select the video and from the Video Actions drop down, select Embed & Share

• from the Options area, select Responsive (if you want it to be, and you should :))
  • set the size
  • then copy the Embed code

On the page where you want the video

• drop in a BB video module
  • select Embed from the Video Type drop down
  • paste the code into the Video Embed code area and Save

There it is :slight_smile: … or should be.

Works fine on a local XAMPP install of WP 4.4.1, BB 1.7 and the latest DWB and Genesis for the theme.

Cheers!
Lyle

Hey Mark,

Can you try Lyle’s suggestion above and see if it works? If it doesn’t, you can post your site’s admin details here using the private reply option below. We’ll also need the embed code you’re trying to use as well. :slight_smile:

Ben

I wanted to place the video in a text box so I could put a description & some other information above and below. If I use the video module, the text (even with zero top and bottom margins) is far away from the video.

Lyle, I’m assuming you’re suggesting I can turn off the Wistia plugin (i.e. not use it). But I have other pages that do not use BB and those pages require the Wistia plugin. This is a on line learning site using the Learndash plugin. The lessons created with this plugin do not show the BB tool. I.e. I can’t edit the lessons with BB and therefore must continue using the Wistia plugin. Therefore I must use the Wistia plugin.

Please see the following page on the staging site. You’ll see I’ve embedded 3 videos: two from Wistia and one from Vimeo.
Test 1 (upper left): Wistia video embedded in a BB text box. Video does not display
Test 2 (upper right): Vimeo video embedded in a BB text box. Video displays ok. Text ok.
Test 3 (lower left): Separate text box (no video) placed above a video only module. Notice how far the text is from the video, even with zero margins. If I wanted text below, I’d have to have yet another text box. Awkward, messy and impractical.

Sure would be nice if I could insert Wistia video’s into a BB text box…

Links and other information below

See: http://fromtheexpert.staging.wpengine.com/video-test-w-bb/

Wistia embedded code:
http://edaguy59-b.wistia.com/medias/rzvg94l2mf?embedType=async&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=300

Vimeo embedded code:
<iframe src=“https://player.vimeo.com/video/150215812” width=“500” height=“281” frameborder=“0” webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi Mark,

The Wistia embed code you provided is not actually the embed code; it’s a link :slight_smile:

Just tried it with the real Wistia embed code (Lenny sample below) in a BB Text module; works fine as shown in the screenshot.

The key is to use the correct Wistia embed code then use the HTML tab in the BB Text module to paste it in; that’s what I did and it works just fine. “Text Above” and “Below” too :slight_smile:

<div class="wistia_responsive_padding" style="padding: 56.25% 0 0 0; position: relative;">
<div class="wistia_responsive_wrapper" style="height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%;"><iframe class="wistia_embed" src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/apmwndqiq8?videoFoam=true" name="wistia_embed" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></div>
</div>
<script src="//fast.wistia.net/assets/external/E-v1.js" async=""></script>

Wistia vid in BB Text module

Hey Mark,

Sorry to say but the Text Editor module doesn’t support oEmbed. You can read Robby’s reply below for more info.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/standard-wordpress-embeds-dont-work-in-text-editor/#post-13785

Checking your page above, it seems the Text Editor module you have above the Wistia video still has the default 20px margin. You can remove that under the Advanced tab of the module.

Ben

Ben,

Thanks for the info. I’ve been using the oEmbed option as it works nicely in the Learndash lessons we’ve created. Any idea if they’ll be able to fix this issue in the future?

mb

Hey Mark,

I have the latest LearnDash 2.1.7 installed on my local XAMPP and I used the method I described above but this time using the WP editor within a LearnDash Lesson to place the Wistia embed code. Works just fine :slight_smile:

Wistia in LearnDash and WP editor

Hey Mark,

There’s a feature request for that on the link below. Feel free to vote for it. :slight_smile:
https://wpbeaverbuilder.uservoice.com/forums/270594-general/suggestions/8227899-fix-oembeds-in-text-module

In the meantime, you can either try my suggestion or Lyle’s above. :slight_smile:

Ben

Ben,
Thanks. I’ll put my 2 cents worth in.

Lyle,
I’ve never had a problem embedding either wistia or Vimeo videos in Learndash using the WP editor. What I said was the BB tool is not available inside LD when editing a lesson, for example. Unless I’m missing something, the BB editor (Page Builder) is not an option when creating a LD Lesson. Just the standard WP editor, which as I said, I’ve never had a problem embedding videos from either host companies.

Hi Mark,

Yep, I got sort of side-tracked there but it does actually work the way you want (I think :slight_smile: )

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to lay out your LearnDash Lessons, etc. using BB. That is absolutely no problem, complete with Wistia videos.

All you have to do is go to Settings > Page Builder > Post Types > and select all the LearnDash types that you want to be able to use with BB.

Page Builder post types

LearnDash with BB

After doing that, whenever you create a new LearnDash item (course, lesson, quiz, etc.), the PageBuilder tab will be available to use as you normally would :slight_smile:

Excellent. Now we can make the lesson pages look much nicer.

Lyle, Ben… thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it. Great, great product. Can’t believe how easy it is to use!

mark

Hi Mark,

Happy to hear your issue has been resolved and thank you for the kind words.

@Lyle, thanks buddy, appreciate you taking the time to assist.

Thanks,
Danny