Youtube not responsive

Youtube video is not acting responsive when put into a woocommerce description, any idea how to fix this?

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/accessories/personalized-turkey-tail-fan-kit/

Thanks
Dean

Hi Dean,

I see what you mean, that is interesting. It appears to be some kind of issue within WooCommerce, but we’ll do some local testing to see what might be going on there. Back soon!

Best,
Billy

Hey Dean, you can write some custom CSS to make that video responsive. This should work, but I didn’t test it on your site so look out for any quirks it causes:

.embed-youtube {
    position: relative;
    padding-bottom: 56.25%; /* 16:9 */
    padding-top: 25px;
    height: 0;
}
.embed-youtube iframe {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
}

You can paste that into the code section (CSS) of the theme settings. Let me know if it works for ya!

BTW - your site looks great!

Robby,
That seemed to do the trick. I haven’t been able to find anything else that the new CSS affected in a bad way.

Thank you for the compliment on the site, my client really likes it. He was looking for a site without a lot of frills, wanted something that was simple and easy to navigate.

I’ve recently made the transition from Joomla to Wordpress - mainly because of the builders on Wordpress. I have to say yours may not be the most fancy on the market, but is by far the easiest to learn and understand.

I would only make some mild suggestions (don’t misunderstand I love it how it is).

1. lightboxes for videos so we can do gallery’s and not send them off site or to a different page.
  2. maybe some more theme templates over time. again not saying the ones here are not good, just think some other options would be nice. I know it works with any theme - but I want to use yours. :wink:

I did have one other question that I can not find the answer to on your site and don’t know what it means - on the more expensive option for the builder you have stated “Custom Module Support” What does that actually mean?

Thanks again for the great support, you guys rock!
Dean