Add comments and full content to Post GRID layout

I need to have the comments and full excerpt show when using the post GRID layout like they do in the post FEED layout. Or, I’m happy with the post FEED layout, I just wish I could put the posts into columns like the grid.

I would also LOVE for the comment box to be visible at the end of the blog post when using the post FEED/GRID layout so that visitors can leave a comment right on that page (versus having to click on post to be directed to the full blog posts/archives page to add a comment).

Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Hi Anne,

Unfortunately, it is not possible by WordPress for you to show your full post and display the comments form for all you posts. If you do that you blog page would be incredibly long and almost impossible to navigate.

You could probably do this by using the Feed option and the offset option, using the option to only display one post. However, this would be rather tedious to set up.

The idea of a blog is to only show the excerpt and then have your users/visitors click the title or read more link to read the full article/post. Then comment.

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks…I was looking to have just 1 blog post on a page with the comments below (as I realize having all of them would get very long). We are trying to build user engagement - we have several different custom post types/taxonomies, and we feature 1 post on different pages each month. Maybe I can just try to build in a comment section using gravity forms or something, but then the comments would always be separate from the blog post.

Hey Anne,

Which theme are you using? If you’re using the BB theme, we have the comments disabled by default on pages. To enable it, simply head over to the page’s native WP editor > Screen Options(top right corner) then check Discussion. A new meta box on the bottom will pop up, simply check on Allow Comments. :slight_smile:

Ben

Sweet, thanks! I’m using the bbtheme, so I’ll give that a try.

No worries! Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Ben