Add Media - not possible to filter images by categories

Hi,

I wonder why you removed the possibility to filter images by categories in “Add media” in Beaver Builder. I use the plugin “Media Library Assistant” which helps me to organize images by categories.
The function still works when I add a new page without the beaver builder.

Please advise,
ATB
Morten

Hey Morten,

I’ve already filed a bug report so our lead dev can check in on this. Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Morten,

I did some testing and it looks like this plugin is only coded to work with the media library in the admin, not when it’s used in the frontend. You’ll need to contact them about adding support for plugins and themes using wp_enqueue_media on the frontend. Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin,

Hmmm that sounds strange because it has worked in BB. I used it in December 2015 for making galleries. Here I could choose categories for filtering to find images for that exact gallery. I’m going to write to the author of the Media Library Assistant plugin to hear if he have made any changes to the plugin. I will write back to you when I hear from him.

ATB
Morten

Hi Morten,

Sounds good. Let me know what they say. From my research it looks like it’s an admin only plugin, but I’m happy to help if there is anything we can do :slight_smile:

Justin

Hi Justin,

I got this message from David, the author of Media Library Assistant. I do not know if you can help (se below in italic). As an alternative can you recommend another “Media sorting/filtering/categorizing” plugin which works with the Beaver Builder plugin - to make it easier to find images for a certain thing.

Thanks for your question and for your patience in awaiting my response while I was traveling. Thanks as well for taking your issue up with the Beaver Builder team. Their response is very helpful.

I went to the Beaver Builder site and spent some time with their demo. It looks like they use the Media Manager Modal (popup) Window to select images and other media, and they are calling on it from the “frontend” of the site, not the admin mode screens.

Starting with MLA v2.20 I re-structured the code to reduce the time and memory required to load the plugin in various modes. In the current MLA version I do not load the Media Manager Modal Window support on the frontend, as reported by the Beaver Builder team.

I would be happy to investigate the changes required to restore the functions when MLA is used with plugins like Beaver Builder, but I don’t want to go back to the unconditional loading of earlier MLA versions because of performance considerations.

Beaver Builder is a premium plugin, and I cannot afford to purchase themes and plugins to resolve MLA support requests. If you can get the Beaver Builder team to “loan” me a copy that I can use to work on your issue I would be grateful. You (or they) can use the Contact Us page at the FTJ web site to send me contact information:

Fair Trade Judaica/Contact Us

Do not post your e-mail address in the forum; personal details in a public forum violates WordPress guidelines. If you have trouble accessing the FTJ site, post a note here with your country of origin and I can temporarily unblock it.

Thanks for your understanding and for any additional help you can give me in getting a copy of Beaver Builder to help resolve your issue.

Hey Morten,

Thanks for the follow up! Feel free to send him a copy of the plugin to test. I’d be happy to discuss the issue with him directly as well. He can reach me at justin [at] fastlinemedia [dot] com.

I’m not familiar with plugins like this that might work on the front-end. You could try posting in the Facebook group for plugin suggestions…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wordpresspluginsuggestions/

Justin