Advertised as White Labelled, but ...not so much.

Greetings,

While I love this product, I have what I think is a legit gripe.

I purchased the Agency Package because it was advertised as “White Labelled”. Now a lot folk love white label because it provides a nice sweetener to tie-in clients to their service packages (i.e. monthly, etc.).

Further, your “Pricing” page advertises “White labelled” as …

White Labeling allows you to change all instances of the words Page Builder and Beaver Builder, and to replace/modify the core templates.

But that ain’t so…

The first time an update pops up it says Beaver Builder has an update …and not My Company Builder has an update.

This makes for some interesting conversation with clients wondering why. This is not what I thought I was buying. Worse, I did not find out about it until an update arrived.

Consider…

A client calls to ask

"WTF is Beaver Builder?"

And now --forced to explain-- the next question is

"Well, why do you have YOUR logo on it?"

…to which i say

"Humina humina humina"

…while tap-dancing with a dancing bear because …hell if it says Beaver Builder on updates… who DO I have my logo on it?

Great. Now my credibility with my client is jeopardized.

I friggin LOVE the tool, but this is (IMHO) somewhat false advertising as having to explain this all the time makes one wonder WHY I’m paying for white labeling at all.

Please Advise.

Preston

Hi Preston,

I just did a test and see what you mean. Therefore, I will speak to our developers and see what they say.

When I have more info, I will reply here.

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks Danny. Anxiously awaiting a response.

Preston

Hi Preston,

My apologies for the hassle.

I did some digging in WordPress core and followed the term “Beaver Builder” all the way from the plugin header where it’s defined to the updates page. Unfortunately, WordPress doesn’t give us a single entry point for hooking into that and changing it to the white labeled name.

I’m not one to say things are impossible, but without a hook for this in WordPress core, it’s not possible for us to white label the updates page.

One thing to note, and is probably the reason we haven’t heard about this before, is that if your clients have the ability to run updates, they also have the ability to access the page builder settings and see the custom branding option. You might consider limiting your client’s to the Editor role so they don’t have access to such things.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you.

Justin

Greetings Justin,

Unfortunately, WordPress doesn’t give us a single entry point for hooking into that and changing it to the white labeled name.

…go figure, eh?

One thing to note, and is probably the reason we haven’t heard about this before, is that if your clients have the ability to run updates, they also have the ability to access the page builder settings and see the custom branding option.

Yeah, there is THAT, huh? I COMPLETELY forgot about that but because this is for an intranet, there is simply nothing I can do but have a “Come to Jesus” moment and explain what BB is. Which I have done …and now the client is cool.

Going forward, this will not be the case with sites I manage/control. It’s just that I love it so much, I pretty much install it …everywhere.

Thanks for your assistance,
Preston

p.s. For anyone else using BB on an Intranet, don’t do what I did. Explain BB (FIRST) so they get no surprises on updates and call you thinking they were hacked or something.

Hi Preston,

Thanks for understanding. I’ve made a note to submit a patch to WordPress with a filter for this. I don’t know if they’ll accept it, but if they do, we’ll be in business.

It’s just that I love it so much, I pretty much install it …everywhere.

That’s awesome to hear! :slight_smile:

Justin