Agency White Labeling of Plugin Branding Issue

Hi,

Great plugin and theme. We got the agency version but the white labeling is limited in that when you go to the plugins screen if a new version is available and the use clicks to see details about the update, it shows it’s Beaverbuilder agency version on the popup. Kind of defeats the purpose of the white labeling if you can see it’s BB right there in the plugins screen. Any plans to do make the white labeling a little more robust?

Hey Nicholas,

I have already assigned another member of the team to assist you with your inquiry.

Ben

Hey Nicholas,

Are you using the Agency version on a single site install? The only people that should see the upgrade info are admins. Do your clients have that role?

Justin

Yes it’s on a single site and yes we have clients with admin rights.

So any answer on this??

Hey Nicolas,

As Justin mentions above, site admins on single site installs have the ability to see the upgrade info. You’ll want to change their role to something other than admin like editor which would remove this visibility for them. Hope this helps!

Best,
Billy

Hey Nicolas,

There must be some bbPress weirdness going on because I swear I replied to this! Anyhow, Billy is correct that the only way to hide that would be with a role change.

The update info is a bit tricky to white label as it’s grabbed from our server and displayed via WordPress’ core update API. There may be a way to tap into that, but the only solution I can think of is to remove the change log since there’s really no way to white label that.

I’ve made a note to look into this in the coming weeks. It may come down to a snippet that you can add to your theme since I think most of our Agency customers are either on Multisite or make their clients editors and wouldn’t want to lose the change log. I’ll let you know.

Justin