Hi there, as of a sudden I have a problem with all 3 browsers when editing BB pages. The Slideout does not allow to draw modules but disappears when klicked. I can get it back via Klick but then there are blue fields where modules should be. In that case I also can’t move objects on the page despite I see the interface borders with all the mini tools on top. It just doesn’t work. When I save and reopen BB it works again but after a while the problem occurs again. This problem wasn’t there the first weeks when I developed locally on MAMP. Now on the live site it happens.
Any idea what could cause this problem?
Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the issues. Let’s have you go through the below exercise and report back if possible so we can get to the root of this for you.
- Disable all plugins and test the Beaver Builder while reactivating each to determine if the issue is related to a 3rd party plugin.
- Important – step by step instructions on how to recreate the issue.
- Provide browser versions being used and error logs, if possible.
- Provide links to specific pages where the issues reside for testing purposes.
- Provide temporary WP login and FTP access to your site. (please use private reply)
thanks for the quick reply. Stupid me - it was a database problem. It took me several hours to think in the right direction. I had about 200 wrong URLs in my database which I wasn’t aware of. I found this out with a fantastic Search and Replace Tool: Search Replace DB. It can be found on Github https://github.com/interconnectit/Search-Replace-DB and works like a charm. You can search for everything in the database and the replace takes care of correct naming conventions.
After I cleaned the database I had to set back the permalinks in WP to Standard and BB found all the pages. After that I could set the permalinks back to my custom setting and it works again.
So please excuse me that I’ve stolen your time.
Best regards from Germany, Leo
Great to hear everything is as it should be now and no worries at all! We actually recommend using that plugin in our dev documentation for serialized search and replace!