Art by Alexandra Nicole Launched

Okay guys - here is my new website using Beaver Builder. I was anxious and launched it yesterday. still have a few things to tweak and add the Woo-Commerce store to the menu bar once it is complete. My home page seems to load very slow. Let me know if it does when you open it. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

I need to work on padding in some areas but this is never an easy task for me.

Here is it…

http://www.artbyalexandranicole.com

Please critique it and give me feedback on things I could improve. Thank you.

Hey Alexandra,

Good looking site, thanks for sharing! In terms of feedback, yes, it is somewhat slow to load and I believe it could be the image sizes you are using in the site. Have you made sure they are fairly small? It’s always good practice to take your images into an editing software like PS and resize/crop if needed for dimension size, but more importantly, when saving for web to ensure the actual file size is small. The only other feedback I have is regarding the accent color you are using. It is a bit tough on the eyes against white so I may suggest darkening it a tad. Hope that helps and thanks again!

Best,
Billy

Thanks Billy for the feedback. Is there a way to change the accent color all at one time or will I need to go in and visit each area I used the color. Don’t you have a color tool you will be launching. Can you tell me what dimensions I would need for the large photo on the home page and the DPI. Maybe I can do it on my Mac. I am not good on Photoshop.

thanks so much

Billy here is a screen shot of the large image on home page… It is a thumbnail. I really don’t understand much of what I am doing and learning as I go. So just because it is thumbnail that does not make a difference because it is the loaded image in Media gallery that is slowing it down. Are you telling me I need to reload a newly sized image. If so, I will definitely need to size and dpi.

http://imgur.com/cXbpM62

thanks so much

Hey Alexandra,

Yes, there is an accent color change available in the customizer, I believe in the general tab which will take care of a lot there. You may need to change the color on individual elements in your content. We do have a color preset tool in the beta and should be ready for public release soon. Re. dimensions, that really depends. There isn’t a standard there, but you can always use a screenshot tool on the site when it is at it’s largest size to see what will be needed in terms of dimensions. Now, on actual file size, I would recommend smaller than 600kb if possible for larger images and somewhere in the 100/150kb or lower for smaller images. Feel free to do some googling on this subject as well, there is a ton of helpful info on the web.

Best,
Billy