BB Edit - Conflict with "HTML5 Audio Player" WP plugin

BB Edit function is not working with the plugin “HTML5 Audio Player” from Cincopa.com

Without the audio player plugin, BB edits the page just fine.
When I put the Cincopa shortcode for my Playlist on the page, the content (which comes from the Cincopa site) is displayed by PageBuilder Editor, but it is no longer possible to edit any text box on the page.
My page is at www.WestfordChorus.org/music
The shortcode is [cincopa AUHAPksevXjE]

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the issues. We’ll need to do some testing here locally on this. Can you confirm this is the plugin that you are using - https://wordpress.org/plugins/video-playlist-and-gallery-plugin/? Are the actual music files hosted by Cincopa? Also, would you mind shooting me temp admin access to your site by chance?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Tom,

I noticed that the plugin adds an icon to the rich text editor. I know this isn’t the main problem as you’re using the shortcode but I’d just like to point out that the rich text editor inside BB doesn’t support 3rd party functionality.

Regarding the issue, I’ve already submitted a bug report. Please keep the access active for a while until our lead dev can check in on this.

Ben

Thanks,
Disabling “TinyMCE Advanced” plugin that enhances editing did not fix the problem.

Hey Tom,

I was referring to the HTML5 Audio Player plugin. It adds a little C icon on the rich text editor and you’ll notice that it won’t work. BB doesn’t support those. But that’s another story. Our lead dev will look at what’s causing the problem and will report back.

Ben

Thanks.

Hi Tom,

I had a look at the issue and it looks like there might not be anything we can do. This plugin is loading in a second version of the jQuery library which is breaking other scripts on the page. It’s only breaking ours currently, but there’s a very good possibility it could break others.

The reason that is happening is because they are loading in jQuery the incorrect way. The proper way to load in jQuery to prevent conflicts such as this is to use this core WordPress function like so…

wp_enqueue_script("jquery");

You may consider contacting the plugin developer to see if they can get that fixed as to not cause conflicts with other plugins. Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you!

Justin

Thank you. I’ve submitted your findings to Cincopa.
Cheers,
Tom