BB keeps crashing :(

Hi,
For the first few weeks of building my site BB was going great… but recently it’s started to get stuck when updating and even crash the browser!

I tried FF instead of Chrome and FF returned this error message:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.
Script: http://websitesdelivered.com.au…js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:2

Is that jquery script a BB script?? Perhaps another plugin is causing a conflict? But I only have standard plugins installed.

Thanks in advance!
Nick

[Content Hidden]

Hey, I hit ‘debug script’ in the FF error prompt and here’s the code - it is def a BB script - www.websitesdelivered.com.au/jquery.txt

Here’s a screen shot of debugger if it helps? Hopefully you can replicate the issue though.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20150812-5trc-103kb

Cheers,
Nick

Hey Nick,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

I think that jQuery script is from WP, based on the directory being used. I did play around with the site with a page I created titled ‘BB Test Page’. If you check that page, it has an extensive amount of data/content and I only encountered the problem once, where the browser just keeps on loading and I got a 503 error on the console. This is usually caused by a problem with the hosting or when they are performing maintenance. Have you tried getting in touch with them? You can give them that error code, they should be able to assist you. Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Nick,

I had a quick look and here are my thoughts:

1 - you have the WP Super Cache plugin installed and it is ‘On’ … best practices are to have caching turned off during development :slight_smile:
2- a couple plugins may be conflicting, notably Easy Modal and WP Smush; not sure about Bookly

Best way to troubleshoot is to deactivate all plugins to see if the problem goes away; if it does, enable one by one, testing with each one re-activated.

If all are deactivated and the issue persists, try switching to one of the WP default Twenty-something themes; they all work.

Cheers!
Lyle

Thanks so much for your feedback - I think it was mainly due to the Bookly plugin needing to load every time an edit was made/updated with BB… so just removed the module from the page while I’m working on it.

Cheers.

Hey Nick,

That’s good to know! Enjoy The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben