BB theme vs Genesis framework

Hi Devs,

I am hoping you’re able to give my some honest reasons I should scrap the genesis framework and use the beaver builder theme instead.

I picked genesis for the HTML5 markup, the improved SEO, and the security (sexurity = difficult to hack…?).

I can deal with having slightly less customization, so I would like to know how the BB ranks in terms of HTML5, SEO, and security vs Genesis + a child theme. I aleady have my site looking near enough exactly how I want it to look, so aesthetics + customization are not a priority.

Thanks,
Adam

Hey Adam! Thanks for reaching out with your questions!

Genesis is a great platform. We’ve used it on many of our projects before we started using Beaver Builder. In terms of HTML5, SEO and Security, I think it’s safe to say the Beaver Builder Theme is on par with Genesis in these areas. We use modern markup and we are very security conscious. In terms of SEO, we make a very deliberate effort to make Beaver Builder output semantic and SEO-friendly markup. We actually wrote a whole blog post on how page builders can affect SEO:

http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/do-wordpress-page-builders-hurt-seo/

One of the big differentiators between Beaver Builder and other themes is our adoption of the WordPress customizer. All of our customization options can be configured in the WordPress customizer so you can see the results in real time. You can play with this in our customizer demo:

http://demo.wpbeaverbuilder.com/

This makes it a great option if you’re going to hand off the site to a client that may want to modify the styles themselves. They won’t have to touch any code to make changes.

Hope this helps clear things up. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Robby.

I am considering claiming my money back for Genesis - an awful lot of of marketing for quite a limited piece of software… BB is much friendlier to the gent who just wants to get a site up and running asap!

Thanks for the demo - I’ll take a look,
Adam

Thanks, Adam! Let us know if you have any other questions. I think you’ll be happy with your decision to use Beaver Builder! :slight_smile: