Beaver Builder Plugin and Overriding the installed WordPress Theme

Hi,

All I want to do is start from scratch and build a home page and content pages just like Colin shows on the wonderful tutorials. The problem is that WordPress automatically installs a them (2013 or whatever) and when I go in to select the blank template, the header from the WP template shows up. And I can’t work around it or drag and drop anything into it. So frustrating!

Is there a way to uninstall the WP theme? Or make it just a blank slate??

Any direction is appreciated!

~Nadine

Hey Nadine,

In that case, you would need to use a different theme. Twenty Thirteen if my mind serves me correctly has a native sidebar and is a boxed theme. If you weren’t aware, the Pro version comes with our theme which is pretty flexible. Colin uses Genesis child themes with Dynamik and BB in a lot of his tutorials just as a heads-up.

Best,
Billy

Yes, it’s the sidebar that’s the issue. I hope to upgrade to the pro version soon but not today.

Thanks for the tip on Genesis. I did purchase that long ago so hopefully that will work out well.

Thanks for the quick response!

~Nadine

No worries at all, Nadine, we’re here to help! :slight_smile:

Hey Billy,

When you said “Dynamik” I just assumed it was a simple theme in WP, but it didn’t come up when I searched themes in WP. Is it best if I just use the most basic one-column theme I can find?

Thanks!
~Nadine

Hey Nadine,

Dynamik is a premium child theme. You can check them out on their site.
http://cobaltapps.com/downloads/dynamik-website-builder/

I believe the only issue that you found is the sidebar so looking for a theme with no sidebar and preferably, a full width theme, will do you good.

Hope this helps!

Ben