Beaver Builder plugin causing WSOD

I’ve just gone live on a site that I finished developing on a test server. Pointed the domain, went in and re-activated all of the plugins and get nothing on the front-end. Complete WSOD (white screen of death).

I’ve done all the tests and changes I can find:

• Cleared cache
  • find and replace to ensure domain is correct
  • security plugin checked folder permissions
  • deactivated ALL plugins and added them individually
  • checked error logs

All down to Beaver Builder plugin. If I deactivate the plugin, site comes back. Albeit ugly. Activate BB, back to WSOD.

I’m using Beaver Builder Pro and Astra Pro

When you say WSOD is it a fatal error? If so, what does WP_DEBUG reveal?

Not fatal, just no display. (White screen of death). I actually couldn’t get WP_DEBUG to display either. Set it to true and didn’t get any feedback on the page and none in the source. Very strange

Sounds like you blew up the post meta data doing your find and replace.

Install this plugin
bb-data-fix.zip (4.3 KB)

then logged in to wp-admin add ?bb_data_fix to the url, it will tell you if it finds and fixes any data

I’ll try the plugin, but I should have clarified the find and replace. Used a find and replace database plugin to find if the old/test domain was still being used anywhere. Didn’t actually do a replace on anything.

Thanks for the data fix. For some reason the domain change damaged part of the database resulting in unserialized data. That plugin did ultimately fix it. Thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.