Beaver Builder + Ultimatum... how to get them to place together?

OK, I’ve gotten a little bit frustrated with BB already over the limited scope of editing headers and footers in the BB theme. So I went back to ultimatum so I could have a custom header and footer, and then just use the BB plugin for content.

However, I’m now having problems with how the content blends together.

I wanted to have an page width of 1200 (or similar) for the body and either side of the body I wanted a repeating background. I then wanted to have a plain white background for the body. I thought this would be really simple as Ultimatum controls the body layout but just sticking content into one big box. NOPE! Whenever I use the BB plugin, the page ignores whatever bg I have used in Ultimatum. Worse still, I can’t set the background for individual components in the body within BB… this should all be fairly simple, so what in the world am I missing?

Hey Owen,

Do you mind sharing the URL of the page where you have BB activated as well as a page without it so we can check? Better yet, if you can share temp admin access to the site we can certainly take a look. You can post the details here using the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Owen,

This is actually caused by your theme. You have assigned a repeating background for the body but the subsequent elements have a white BG assigned to them, possibly what you’ve set as the BG for your content. This white BG is overlapping your repeating background. This can’t be seen on other pages since they’re blank. Once you start adding content, you’ll notice these will be placed on top of a white background as well. Try using the CSS snippet below to get rid of the white BG. Once it is gone, just make your rows fixed width and assign a white BG color.

.fl-builder #container-2 {
  background: transparent;
}
.fl-builder #col-2-1 .colwrapper {
  background: transparent;
}

Ben