Best Practice for Custom Modules

I noticed that on your custom modules page you actually recommended creating a WordPress Widget instead of a custom module. Is that still the case, or would be a good idea to create a custom module using your template here:

https://github.com/diegoliv/fl-builder-custom-modules

The module I have in mind is a side by side before/after slideshow or gallery module. Basically, simply a slideshow that allows 2 pictures side by side with a caption underneath. All the existing before/after plugins I’ve found are too complicated and try and make use of a JQuery before/after slider that I don’t need.

Lastly, on a side note, I’m excited about your linked templates. Do you know about when those will be released?

Thanks,
Tom

Hey Tom,

I’ve already assigned someone from the team that can assist your further.

Ben

Hi Tom,

I noticed that on your custom modules page you actually recommended creating a WordPress Widget instead of a custom module. Is that still the case, or would be a good idea to create a custom module using your template here:

Can you shoot me a link to where we mention that? We only recommend widgets since many developers already know how to code those, but we would definitely recommend coding a module over a widget if you’re up to it since they are more tightly integrated with Beaver Builder.

Lastly, on a side note, I’m excited about your linked templates. Do you know about when those will be released?

We are too! I need that on a project practically every week! It’s hard to say exactly when we’ll be done with that, but I’m hoping to have a beta out to test in the next two to three weeks. The ability to save row templates is done, but the global piece has been quite tricky.

Justin

Hi Justin,

It looks like you updated the support doc I was looking at. Answers my question - Thanks!

Also, just read your road map. Exciting!

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Yep! Ben brought that up to me and it was indeed a bit misleading.

Justin