Best way to install BB while preserving existing site content?

I’ve been looking through your tutorials and videos, trying to learn how to use BB theme and plugin. I (wisely, as it turns out) decided to try them out on my wife’s very sparse site. But my main interesting is applying them to my own site, JackCrenshaw.com, which already has a fair amount of content, based on the WP 2013 theme.

I’ve been viewing your tutorials and videos, but they all seem to talk about how to build a site from scratch. So far, I’ve not seen anything on adding the BB theme and plugin to an existing site.

I’d appreciate some advice on how to do this, while preserving the ecisting content.

Thanks.

Hey Jack,

Installing any new theme and activating it on an already built site will almost always make changes to your layout but not the content. I’ve never really had any experience with this before(I either build a site from scratch or rebuild the entire existing site) but I think you’ll need to reconfigure the menu, header and footer styling properties and its contents, widgets, sidebars, and custom functions and styling. It is also important to note that not all themes have the same features.

Installing the plugin on an existing site shouldn’t be a problem. Once you activate the Page Builder on a page with existing content, it will simply transfer all of the content into 1 text editor module. The layout may be affected but that would be caused by the changing of the theme.

Hope this helps

Ben

Wow, Ben! You guys don’t fool around, do you? I had practically just clicked the “Submit” button! Many thanks for you fast reply.

For now, I think I’m going revert my wife’s site back to its pre-BB state, and start over. Hopefully I won’t make so many mistakes this time.

Hey Jack,

No worries! Let us know if you need anything further! :slight_smile:

Ben