Big Problem

Hi I just updated Beaver Builder Theme to 1.3.1 and I have lost my site. (child theme) Was running fine before update. Just get this message
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home/…/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/modules/slideshow/slideshow.php on line 77
Cheers

Hey Nigel,

Thanks for getting in touch! There was a bug introduced on one of our Layout Templates while fixing another one. I would suggest updating to the latest version of the plugin via FTP. If you need help with that, you can send FTP access via private reply.

Ben

Hi Ben,
Can you clarify that please ?
Are you saying that the sites I have updated to 1.3.1 need to be manually updated ?
I really don’t like it when there is an update to fix something and the version number stays the same :frowning:
It means you have no way of knowing if you have a good 1.3.1 or a bad 1.3.1 - and comparing file date stamps is a bit much to ask :slight_smile: (and the auto update will not work of course!)
TIA, Dave

Hi Ben, I followed your instructions, ftp the current zip of beaver builder plugin from my downloads area to the plugins directory on my server and unzipped. My site is working like a charm :slight_smile: Thanks for your advice

Hey Dave,

No, it isn’t like that at all. There’s nothing wrong with the theme actually but rather the plugin. And it was fixed on the latest update, 1.6.0.2. I only suggested FTP as a way to fix it since from the way I heard it, it was already impossible to visit the site nor the admin. :slight_smile:

Nigel,

That’s awesome! Glad to have helped! :slight_smile:

Ben

Oh, thanks Ben for the info…
Sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion…
Cheers, Dave

No worries! :slight_smile:

Ben