Blog Grid Cache Issue

I have a blog grid added to a page. After a new post has been published, that post is being displayed in the grid only to logged in users. Visitors who are not logged in are unable to see the newly published post in the grid.

If we clear W3 Total Cache, then the new post is showing up in the grid. Logged in users do not get cached pages so there is definitely an issue with BB and W3TC in this case.

Basically, every time we publish a new post we have to remember to clear the W3TC cache or the post won’t show up in the blog grid.

How can we resolve this? I understand we could simply not cache the page but that doesn’t seem like a good solution.

Hey Lloyd,

W3TC has been known to cause oddities such as this. We’ve fixed all known ones, but are happy to take a look. Before we do, can you confirm the CSS Minify and JS Minify options are disabled in the settings? Also, would you mind shooting us temp admin access?

Best,
Billy

Thanks. I will send you admin credentials separately.

I use W3TC only for caching. I use Autoptimize for CSS/JS minification but had it turned off to make sure it wasn’t causing an issue.

[Content Hidden]

Hey Lloyd,

I tried logging in to the site but I get a 522 error. Could you recheck?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Lloyd,

I just tried it now and it works. You can purge the cache of the page where the Blog Grid is every time a new Post is created or edited. This option is under Performance > Page Cache > Purge Policy: Page Cache. There is a box there for Additional Pages. Just place the URL on that box and that should be it.

Ben