Blog Posts - videos not responsive

I’m setting up a new site and I’ve noticed that the individual post pages with embedded YouTube & Vimeo videos are not responsive. (Using the embed <iframe> )

What do I need to do to fix this, as I can’t find any settings to change it (I thought responsiveness was built in.)

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you by chance using the page builder for your blog on a user created page or using the WordPress posts page? Would you mind sending a private reply with temp admin login details so I can take a look?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Dennis,

I’ve taken a look at the posts you mentioned above and inserted the same videos in the fashion that I usually take, essentially just using the video URL. You’ll notice using that does allow them to be completely responsive. Using the iFrame and setting a height/width is what causes your immediate issue, although not setting those does cause the video to be extremely small. May I ask why you would use the iFrame as opposed to the link? Just curious really as I’ve always used that workflow and it works great for me/our clients. Let me know when you get a chance, but otherwise, that is a solution!

Best,
Billy

I use iframe as I can remove show related videos at the end. This used to be the only way this was possible, and previously in themes I’ve used, using iframe didn’t stop video being responsive.

I’ve got a lot of boring work changing 600+ posts :frowning:

Thanks for finding the solution Billy.

Maybe Search Regex can help speed the process up for me.

I see, thanks Dennis. Apologies for the inconvenience there. Tell you what - we are going to look into adding that functionality into our theme (iFrame responsiveness). We are in the process of adding enhancements, polish and functionality to our theme that we hope to release into the wild early next year. We’ll queue this up as one of those enhancements!

Unfortunately, I don’t have a short term solution that we can implement, but the New Year isn’t far off! :slight_smile:

Best,
Billy

That would be great if this was added.

I did some more tests and realised that the ‘Lazy Load for Videos’ plugin was the reason that embeds using the URL only where full page and responsive (and also why the play button was white).

When I deactivated the plugin, the youtube URL video was small on the page and was not responsive any more.

Feel free to login and test (deactivate above plugin to see what I mean).

I have a couple Video related ideas/suggestions that would be really good additions to Beaver Builder and benefit all users wanting to add video to their sites. Should I tell you here or add them to feature requests and ideas?

Cheers

I’ve de-activated the plugin so you can easily test by pasting URL

Hey Dennis,

Re. ideas/suggestions, feel free to post them here. We gauge what we work on based on popularity, how it will affect BB going forward in terms of keeping it lightweight, etc. We’ve noted to take a look at video responsiveness and should have some baked in goodness for that in our large theme release next year. Thanks again!

Best,
Billy