Bug on Edit Column

Hi beavers,

I’m facing an issue with the builder.
When I try to edit columns I select a column and click on EDIT COLUMN and then COLUMN SETTINGS. The window settings pop up kind of blended with the page that I’m editing and unfortunatelly I cannot edit any parameter because it does not show the values.
Thank you very much for your support.

Hey Marcela,

Welcome to the BB forums! I could feel your frustration here. Sorry to hear about this problem. Hmm, I’m still trying to wrap my head around this, sorry about that. Have you tried with another browser? Or probably show me a screenshot of the issue?

Thanks!

Hi KC,

Thanks for answering me. Yes I tried on google chromme and also on the firefox but in both the same thing happens.
This is the screenshot http://postimg.org/image/e4ioipun5/

Thank you again,

I~m looking forward to solve this issue. :smiley:

Hey Marcela,

Ouch, that looks pretty bad. Believe me I’ve seen worst. Just kidding. :slight_smile: Okay, lets try this way. Check your BB plugin and make sure it is updated to the latest version. Next would be disabling all plugins except BB plugin. If that resolves the issue, reactivate each one until you find the cause. Lets work this out together, no worries.

Thanks!

Hi KC,

It’s bad :slight_smile: But I’m happy you are helping me.
I did everything you told me to do but nothing so far. =/
Thank you

Hey Marcela,

That’s pretty quick :). Hmm, do you mind sharing temp admin access to your site so we can check? You can use the private reply option below.

Thank!

[Content Hidden]

Hey Marcela,

What’s your Website URL again? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

[Content Hidden]

Hi Marcela,

This is going to sound weird. I’m actually using the BB plugin without issues. I’ve provided some screenshots just to make sure. http://imgur.com/HR8foDO and http://imgur.com/0UOmZKO
I guess we should find another way. Lets see, changing browser doesn’t work and resetting plugins no use either. I know this sounds crazy, could you probably try it on another PC or probably uninstall and reinstall your Internet Browser?

Thank you

Hey Marcela,

I apologize, please disregard my previous reply, I found the issue already. I’ll get back to you real soon.

Thank you.

Hey Marcela,

With the help from my teammate. He suggested that you insert the below Custom CSS into your theme to fix that column issue. Let me know if it works.

.fl-builder [class*='col-'] {
    float: none;
    padding: 0px;
}
.fl-builder [class^='col-'] {
    float: left;
    padding-right: 40px;
}
.fl-builder .fl-col {
    float: left;
}
.fl-builder [class^='col-'].page-left-sidebar {
    float: right;
} 

Thanks!

Hi again buddy,

I’m a newbie and I really don’t know how to do this. May you tell me the steps to insert this code please? I really appreciate that.

Hey Marcela,

Basically, what’s happening is your theme has styling that is having a conflict with the Builder so it hasn’t been working correctly. The code above will fix the issue, but it will break some of the layout you’ve made because of the styling conflict, e.g., your homepage. But once it is fixed, you’ll have an easier time recreating those layouts. I’d suggest going through each page you’ve made with BB. :slight_smile:

Ben

The code above has already been applied by using the Custom CSS plugin. Let us know if you encounter anything else. :slight_smile:

Ben

I just checked and it’s working properly so far. If I have any other issue I let you know guys.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Have a nice day !

Awesome! Have fun with BB! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hello again beavers,

Well, I noticed now that the code fixed the bug but brought me another one. I cannot set the column full width now.
Anyone can help me? Thank you !

Hey Marcela,

Sorry to hear about the problem. Do you think you can share temp admin access to your site so we can take a better look?

Thanks!

KC

[Content Hidden]