Bug with Posts Module and Powerpress Podcasting Plugin

On an older demo site this works fine but on a new site it doesn;t!

On the older demo site I have the Powerpress plugin from Bluberry ‘inserting’ an audio player for the episode on the post.

This in turn is seen on the ‘excerpt’ in the Grid on the homepage.

However in the new site (everything being equal) the raw MP£ URL is shown in the excerpt on the Grid of the homepage. Obviuosly this looks ‘nasty’ :slight_smile:

The only difference is that the theme on the new site is the latest theme version and the old site has 1.2.9

Can you look into this for me?

Thanks

Dave

[Content Hidden]

Just noticed it’s happening on the ‘blog’ and ‘category’ pages too.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Thanks for getting in touch! I just checked both sites and noticed that on the demo site, you are using a static page built by the Page Builder as the homepage(using the Post module). Whereas on the new site, your homepage is not a static page but a page listing all the latest posts generated by WP itself. I’d suggest converting the new site’s homepage into a static page. The layout can be achieved using our Posts module in Feeds layout.

Hope this helps!

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Dave,

I can see it now, thanks. I believe this is caused by either a setting on the Powerpress Podcast plugin or the other Podcast plugin(Smart Podcast Player). Given it’s a live site I really can’t just turn off plugins or change settings. Also, if you like, you can choose to update both the BB theme and plugin on the old demo site and see if it does the same thing(after taking a backup of the older versions that is).

Let me know how it goes.

Ben

Hey @BenCarlo

tried everything and the Grid is still pulling the media file and placing in the <p> </p> tags

Hey Dave,

Do you think it’s fine if I could disable some, if not all, of the plugins on the live site?

Ben

Hey @BenCarlo

Found an ‘error fix’ option in the settings of Powerpress. The ‘Fix Errors’ option didn’t work but the ‘Alternative Fix’ option did.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Thanks for letting us know, Dave!

Dave, thanks for the tip - solved my problem, as well!