BUGS - Automated Saved Messed Up my Content

I also picked up something dangerous about this Page Builder - apparently
every and any editing to the Page is immediate, there is no need to save.

For example: I delete a Row in a Page, and the exit the browser without
saving it. But apparently that change is already saved - so when I go back
to edit, the Row is gone - just as I had previously edited. The thing is, I
did not save it at all so it shouldn’t have happened. And there is no way
to undo it even.

This means all changes are immediate. If I accidentally delete anything or
want my old content back, I will have to do it all over again. Saving on my
own appears meaningless. Test building a test page and you will see what I
mean.

Hey Ivan,

Thanks for getting in touch! This is somewhat of a gray area as we deliberately designed the plugin to save automatically so that you don’t lose any work if you accidentally close the window.

You can try to revert the changes you didn’t want to save through the use of WP core’s revisions. You can see this on the edit page. If it’s not there, enable it by ticking Revisions under Screen Options.

Jun

Hey Ivan,

Just want to follow up on this. Those changes aren’t actually published, they will be published only after you click on Done and Publish Changes. So when you go back to the page, after accidentally closing it, you have the option to actually publish the changes or discard them by clicking on Done.

Jun

Hey Jun,
yes you are right as long as i didn’t press the Publish, it won’t change.
But i cannot revert back the element that I accidentally delete.
You can try it by doing this:

1. Create a layout
  2. Publish it
  3. Come back and edit it
  4. Then accidentally remove a row.
  5. Refresh it, you cannot get your row back

Thanks
Ivan

Hey Ivan,

Yes, that’s what I did to test, and what you can do when you go back and no longer see the row is to click on Done > Discard Changes. This will discard any of the changes you’ve made during that session, including the ones before you closed the window so this will put the row back.

Basically, a session of all the changes you’ve made is kept until you click on Done. The changes you’ve made will be cached even after you close the window and this will be kept until you click on done - in which you will be given the option to finalize/publish it or discard all changes made during that session.

Jun