Builder changes not saving or reverting back to original after a save.

Hi David,

I found a bug with the method that generates new node ids when applying a template that was causing nodes that didn’t exist to be added to the layout data. I’m not 100% sure if this is what would be causing the issue for you, but it is related to custom templates and only seems to be happening in rare cases, so hopefully it’s the fix we’re looking for. Give 1.3.8 a try and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Justin

awesome, I will give it a try.

Happened again, boy this is a rare bug, it only seams to happen on 1 page out 8 sites we do. This bug happens just enough that it has us concerned.

clients are loving the sites we build in the builder. awesome plugin.

we haven’t had any bugs scene the 1.3.8 plugin and today we got 2 :slight_smile:

I have been watching the process alot closer than I have in the past and can actually duplicate the issue on one of the site on the 1 page that has the bug.

little back story: (not sure it helps) your templates are great but there not quite what we sell our clients on, so we have a dev site that we have been creating new templates on, we are up to 25ish and adding more each week. on the dev site that we have created the templates on, we have never has this bug happen.

also a nice thing happened on 1.3.8, when this bug dose happen I have noticed that it now only kills the row its on and not the whole page like before. this has been nice, as I can now save alot of the work done by creating a new row and not a whole page.

again our process, we create a new dev site, upload WP through cpanel, then login to WP, upload the newest version of beaver parent and child, activating the child, then go to plugins and upload and activate the BB-Plugin, then we install and activate the bugherd plugin, then the last step is to upload the template xml file through wp uploader under tools. then right into creating the pages and content on the pages through the builder.

back story done :slight_smile:

site 1
first page on the site, went into the builder and selected one of our templates. Went to edit all the header modules, all the popups showed as blank popups, once the errors are turned on, I get 8 notices and 1 warning.

Notice: Undefined offset: 5465409837245 in /home/tkvumnix/public_html/nccmobiles/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/classes/FLBuilderModel.php on line 564

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/tkvumnix/public_html/nccmobiles/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/classes/FLBuilderModel.php on line 1306

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/tkvumnix/public_html/nccmobiles/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/classes/FLBuilderModel.php on line 1306

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/tkvumnix/public_html/nccmobiles/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/classes/FLBuilder.php on line 1088

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/tkvumnix/public_html/nccmobiles/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/classes/FLBuilder.php on line 1095

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/tkvumnix/public_html/nccmobiles/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/classes/FLBuilder.php on line 1098

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/tkvumnix/public_html/nccmobiles/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/classes/FLBuilder.php on line 1105

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/tkvumnix/public_html/nccmobiles/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/classes/FLBuilder.php on line 1106
Settings

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tkvumnix/public_html/nccmobiles/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/includes/settings.php on line 14

site 2
same thing, but as one of the last pages on the site. selected one of our templates. duplicated the pricing module just fine. duplicated one of the header modules and moved it, then duplicated it again, this is when I believe the bug occurred. because after this last duplicate any change after this didn’t stay and reverted back to this point. no php errors like in the past and if I delete the rows the problem headers are on the page looks to be savable.

now the fun part, I have duplicated this, only once so far and only on this 1 page and only with the headers module.

the process for the duplication. delete the header and rows that the headers, the row is full width and only the header module is in that row. now add in a header module at the top of the page, take care not to add it into the pricing module row thats is there now, force the header module to make a new row above the pricing module. now add in the header content and save. now save the page. now duplicate the header module, and move it down inbetween the 2 pricing modules, taking care not to add it into eather pricing rows, force the system to create a new row just like the top one. now save the page, the header module is in the wrong spot and after this I cannot change it.

I am noticing that it seames to only happen on one of our imported templates and only happening in the header module.

again thanks alot for being patient with us, as we work our way though this :slight_smile:

as soon as I can get logins and ftp set up for these 2 account I will fwd them along

Hey David,

Thanks for the follow up and sorry to hear that this is still happening. I’m glad to hear you’re doing a ton of sites with the builder! I’m also glad to hear this isn’t happening all of the time!

The good thing is that you’re able to recreate it on that one page. Would it be possible for me to get access to that site?

I’m going to look into the errors this weekend and see if I can pinpoint where the issue might be.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hey David,

It looks like site 1 is still using an older version of the builder. Site 2 is using 1.3.8 and I was able to recreate the issue even after duplicating the page. That’s going to be really helpful and should make this a lot easier to figure out. I’ll be working on that today and will let you know how it goes.

Justin

sorry about site 1, should watch that a bit closer.

glad to hear you can duplicate it to.

Hey David,

I just uploaded a new version of the builder to site 2. I believe there was an issue with the pricing table that was causing incorrect data to be sent to the server. I’ve done some testing on your site and everything appears to be working now. Can you try and recreate the issue?

Justin

in my initial testing I cannot duplicate it now ether. I am giving it back to my PM so they can finish building out the page and take it through the paces.

thanks

Sounds good. Let me know how it goes!

Justin

Wow!

What an awesome example of customer and supplier working together to solve a problem. Congratulations on squashing that bug! Both of you should be very proud of yourselves.

Well done guys!

P.S. Have just started to use BB on all new customer sites and we’ve also started to create our own template library. It really is turning into a huge timesaver. Beaver Builder is a major game changer. Thank you and congratulations on such an awesome product:)