Builder hangs when trying to Attached Image or Photo

Hi, I’ve been trying to attach images, but it always hang after I selected the image from the pop up. I can use URL in the “photo” module, but for “row”, there’s only an option to attached from the WP media section. Not sure if it’s a bug or something, hope you can help, thanks!

Hey Marilyn,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry to hear about your issue. Using a photo from the media gallery shouldn’t be a problem, we’re using it all the time so I don’t think this is a bug. These sort of cases are normally caused by a conflicting plugin and/or theme; have you tried going through the disable plugins route? i.e. steps below:

• Disable all plugins except for Beaver Builder
  • Enable each plugin one by one and test Beaver Builder to see if the issue persists
  • Repeat this process until you locate the plugin causing the issue

Try going through these first and let us know how it goes.

Jun

Hi Jun, thank you. I would like to disable the plugins to test, but it’s my client’s wordpress website and she has visitors streaming in, so it’s a bit risky to disable the plugins.

Nothing like that happened to anyone? Hmmmmm… strange. Looks like there’s nothing we can do yah?

Hi Marilyn,

I see, we completely understand. Most of the time it’s the plugins that minify CSS and Javascript so if you have some sort of caching plugin like WP Rocket etc. try disabling those; the site won’t have any issues when you disable these kinds of plugins, it will just slow down a bit, but you can re-enable it right away.

Another method is to replicate the issue on a local development environment or perhaps go through the disable plugin route on off-peak hours. Maybe the cause is a plugin that you guys can do without and it’s a shame if you can’t update your media modules quickly just because of this.

Jun

Hey Marilyn,

Just want to follow up on this. If you want, we can have a closer look at this. Just provide us with a temporary access to the site and we’ll inspect it. We won’t disable any plugins or anything, we’ll just replicate the error and see if dev tools will give us anything.

Jun

[Content Hidden]

Hi Marilyn,

Was the issue happening on a specific page or on all pages you tried?

When did you notice this issue first happening and has anything been updated or added before the issue started?

Also, do you think it would be okay for me to create a temp page on your clients site so I can try to recreate the issue? I will remove it once I’m finished.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny, thanks for your help. It happens on every page I was working on.
Ok, please test it out and remove once it’s done, thanks!

Hey Marilyn,

So I just went in to the site, created a new page, added the Hope template, and I was able to change the row background image to something else as well as add a Photo module without any issues. Is the issue happening on a certain image? Can you list down the steps needed to recreate the issue?

Ben

Thanks Ben for making the effort to do this, which really helped because what you did narrowed down to the problem. Realised that it works if I left the wordpress theme’s header and footer. If I select the wordpress theme’s “blank template - no footer and header”, that’s when the system freezes when I try to upload the photo.

One work around is to change the theme to default first to allow the header and footer to appear, add the photo, than switch back. A bit of a hassle though, not sure if this is something within Beaver’s control or not. Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Hey Marilyn,

That’s good to hear! That’s actually coming from your theme. I did try it though but still can’t recreate the issue? I’ve left the test page I’ve created(it’s a private page so it’s not available publicly) entitled BB Test Page. Can you check? We’d love to figure out what’s wrong in case it’s a problem from our plugin. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben, thanks! Yah it works on the page you created, very strange. It’s ok, looks like it’s fine now, strange that it didn’t work for all the pages I’ve created previously.

One more question, how do I create a 2 step opt in? Say I have a button, visitor clicks it and a modal pop up form appears, like how leadpages does it. Is Beaver able to do so and how?

Also, is beaver coming up with more templates? Thank you Ben!

Gotcha! Re 2 step opt in, we don’t have a module that does that out of the box. You could use a plugin like OptinMonster to handle that. Or you could use a free one like Popup Maker.

Lastly, you can also use Bootstrap to handle that. Check the links below for more info.
http://getbootstrap.com/
http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Ben

Sorry, forgot about the templates question! Yes, we are working on new templates which will be released together with version 1.8 of the plugin, which should be out for beta testing soon. :slight_smile:

Ben

Thank you for your replies Ben, this helps a lot!

No worries at all, Marilyn! Glad we could help. :slight_smile:

Enjoy BB!

Ben