Button Module - size after publishing

I have added a button to a column and set the width to auto. Changed the colors and it looks great until I publish the changes and the button itself doubles in height - width stays the same. Hopefully I am missing something really obvious?

Hey Dprice,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry but I really can’t seem to picture out what’s happening here. Do you mind sharing the URL of the site you are having this problem on? Or maybe take a screenshot, upload it to an image hosting service like imgur, and share it here so we can check?

On an unrelated note, you might consider changing your display name to something else, anything, just not your email. :slight_smile:

Ben

Uploaded to Imgur - http://m.imgur.com/ty4SeOh. So the button you can see has grown in height, this is only after I hit Publish Changes. It looks fine in the editor.

Also update my display name. :slight_smile:

Hey Debbie,

Sorry, I can’t help but visit the site as it was showing on the screenshot. For some reason, a <br> tag is added after every <a> and <span> tags there is and this is what’s causing the problem. Do you mind shooting temp admin access to the site so we can check further? You can use the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Sent. It is strange though as I just used the button module and didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. Just changed the color, set to gradient and changed the color of the font. Thanks for looking at it for me.

I have another question related to the height of the columns. I have seen other posts, so just wanted to confirm that the only way to get the columns to be the same height would be using CSS? It would be great if we could set that in column settings. :slight_smile:

Hey Debbie,

I just created a test page and it’s happening there as well. I noticed you have another page builder active though so I disabled it for a bit and it fixed the problem. I reactivated it though in case some of the pages were using it but that’s what’s causing the issue. Also, it is never advisable to have 2 page builders active. They tend to cause conflicts more often than not because of how they work.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hey Debbie,

Regarding the column heights, that is correct, at least for now. :slight_smile: The guys are going to be implementing an equal column heights option soon. You can check this blog entry to know more about upcoming features! :slight_smile:

Ben

OK thanks! I tried the other page builder but it wasn’t flexible enough and I do like the Beaver Builder so far. I was waiting to finish setting up this page before I removed the other one, but I will go ahead do that. Thanks for you help and I will look forward to seeing the column height setting soon!

Hey Debbie,

No worries! Let us know if you need anything further! :slight_smile:

Ben