Cannot edit Beaver Builder pages now

Hi Guys, little problem here. I have a site which is running Headway and BB with several pages setup with BB and edited fine but now cannot edit those ones at all. The only thing I changed was I added some code to make the header wrap fixed at the top until hitting responsive breakpoint. Since then I can open the BB edit page but not possible to actually edit and even saying Done and cancelling does nothing.

I disabled all plugins I could and no difference and created a new layout for a test page without the fixed header but no difference.

The site is working ok except cannot edit any created BB pages. Would you mind having a look and seeing if you can figure anything?

I will post login details on next private message. There is a Backupbuddy backup just taken if you want to download that to test, or maybe something I did wrong.

[Content Hidden]

Belay that. Nothing to do with BB. Me getting it wrong with fixed vs absolute vs whatever…

Sorted now without fixed header, for another day, sorry to waste the bandwidth!

No worries Neil, glad you got it worked out!

Similar problem here and could use help uncovering the simple thing I’m evidently missing. Starting Page Builder I see the “Done” button only, no tools or customization options for the pages…

Hey Eric,

Sorry to hear about the issues. Have you tried disabling your plugins to test BB to rule out a plugin conflict? Let me know if so and we’ll go from there.

Best,
Billy

Done Billy, problem persists. My recollection is that everything was working well last time I used it and now to edit I feel like I’m missing something simple…

Thanks Eric, can you shoot me over temp admin access via private reply so we can take a look?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Thanks Eric, we’ll look into this as soon as we can!

In my case I was exerimenting with a fixed header but the problem was I had also set the content area below to also be fixed with a defined top margin. I thought the problem was BB related until I noticed that I could not drag the mouse across text on the page to select as normally you can. So that fixed position must also have been throwing BB too.

Once I realised that I saw that I did not need to make the content area fixed but simply add the top margin alone to work properly with the fixed header.

Probably not related to your issue Eric but thought worth mentioning just in case.

Hey Eric,

I found the issue in your particular install. The Page Builder Settings panel > Editing capability was set to “Admin”. I set that back to “edit_posts” and all appears to be right in the world again. Let me know if you run into any further issues!

Best,
Billy

I had a feeling that I was missing something simple like that Billy. Thank you. I don’t have enough hair left to pull any out over something like this :slight_smile:

No worries at all, Eric, glad it was an easy one! :slight_smile: