Can't edit in page builder mode

Hi, and thanks for a great builder tool!

I am a beginner in making web pages and have just started learning WordPress. My first assignment is a page for an old colleagues new business. To make it easy for her to manage future updates I decided to use BeaverBuilder. Up till now everything have worked out fine and i really enjoy working with your tool.

However, now I have some major issues with editing in page builder mode. When I try to enter a text or an image the edit box won’t open, it just keeps loading forever.

I have tried deactivate all other plugins and I have search your forums and half the internet for a solution. Could you please provide me with some advise how to proceed. I hope I don’t have to rebuild the whole page?!

Thank you in advance!

Kindest regards,
Marie

Hey Marie,

Welcome to the BB forums! And thanks for the kind words! :slight_smile:

Does the problem happen no matter the text/photo you enter? Does it happen only on a specific page or on all pages? Can you try creating a new page and see if the problem happens there as well?

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your quick reply! I mean the words! Really find BB great to work with.:slight_smile:

Yes, the problem happen no matter if I try to edit photos or next, also it doesn’t matter which page I try to work with. There is no problem to add new columns (both on existing pages and new) though I need to update the page to get them visible. When I try to add either a photo or a text module the page get stuck in loading mode and the only way to get out of this is to update the page or shut the browser window.

I have also deleted my browser history and cleared the cache in the BB settings in WP.

Kindest regards,
Marie

Hi Marie,

Can you provide temp admin access to your site, please? So we can take a closer look.

Thanks,
Danny

[Content Hidden]

Looks like you forgot the URL of the site. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Marie,

When I view your site, I notice you have an odd error related to WP Super Cache on your page source.

<!-- WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The path to wp-cache-phase1.php in wp-content/advanced-cache.php must be fixed! -->

How did you remove WP Super Cache? As your issue is likely related to this.

Hi Danny,

I don’t know, I wasn’t even aware I had removed it…though I was a bit confused about the lonely ‘advanced-cache.php’ file under ‘drop in’ in the installed plugins section.

Anyways, after doing some reading trying to learn more and finding out the plugin was also missing in the wp-content/plugins/-folder on the ftp, I decided to reinstall the plugin.

And then, of course, I try to edit one of my pages. :slight_smile:
…and what a relief! I works! Problem solved! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much guys for your quick and professional way of helping me fix this problem. Makes me feel even more sure and secure I made the right decision choosing BB!

Kindest regards,
Marie