Can't edit text in Text Mode within Editor field type

I’m finding whenever I type into an Editor field type with the “Text” tab highlighted, I’m immediately being toggled back to “Visual” mode after just typing a few keys, effectively not making it possible to use the “Text” mode. (running Version 1.5.0)

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about the issues, sounds like there may be a plugin conflict there. Can I have you disable all plugins and then test BB to see if it operates as it should? If it does, go ahead and reactivate each plugin one by one while testing BB to see if you can find a specific plugin conflict. Let us know what you find and we’ll take it from there!

Best,
Billy

I found the issue, it was related to my custom BB module but it may still be a BB bug. BB’s Text Editor module has this as its editor field definition:

'text'          => array(
                        'type'          => 'editor',
                        'label'         => '',
                        'rows'          => 16,
                        'preview'         => array(
                            'type'             => 'text',
                            'selector'         => '.fl-rich-text'  
                        )
                    )

In my own editor field definition I’ve duplicated the above but left out the following:

'type'             => 'text',
                            'selector'         => '.fl-rich-text'  
                        )

It appears this bug is triggered if you don’t specify a preview setting. Is the preview setting a requirement? I assumed if you left the preview setting out the module would still work but you just wouldn’t see a real-time preview as you typed. No biggie for me to add those in but thought you may want to know.

Hey Steve,

Per the custom module documentation, you can disable the preview setting. That wouldn’t break the custom module. It sounds like there may be something else awry with the custom module code. Any errors you see by chance?

Best,
Billy

I’m not seeing any errors, JS or otherwise.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure this is a BB bug, I can reproduce this by just deleting the preview setting from the built-in Text Editor module (rich-text.php) and disabling everything but the BB plugin.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the information. When you don’t specify a preview setting, it defaults to the “refresh” preview which appears to be breaking the text editor field. I’ll look into that, but for now, you can fix this by setting the preview to none like so…

'type'             => 'none'
)

Let me know how that goes.

Justin

Thanks!