Changes Not Saving In Draft?

I’m new at BB and trying to make my first page. I’ll make some progress and want to save the unfinished page as a Draft, so I click the Done button in the top right of the Page Builder, then select “Save Draft.” But then it just goes back to a blank Wordpress Page preview with (edit) showing at the bottom. When I click on that, it takes me to the edit screen with only the title of the page saved, but no other content. And it says “Page Builder is currently active for this page.” And there is a blue button saying “Launch Page Builder.”

I have clicked on the button to launch the page builder again, loaded a template and begun creating my page again, only to have exactly the same thing happen…again.

Can I get some help with this?

Thanks!

I’m using Firefox v 40.03
The page is not published (I’m afraid to make it public)
Ken Theriot

Hey Ken,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

That’s the way it works, you shouldn’t be able to see the contents of the page on the frontend if you only saved it as a draft. But you should be able to see the contents when you go back to the page builder. Is this not the case for you? If so, do you mind sending temp admin access to the site so we can check? You can use the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Ken,

It seems you have a caching plugin installed. We don’t really recommend turning on caching plugins while creating pages. That is most likely what’s causing the issue. Try turning it off and see if it makes any changes.

Ben

Aha! OK, I’ll try that and report back. Thanks Ben!

Ken

No worries! Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Ben

Ben, it appears to have been the Firefox cache! When I switched of WP Super Cache and tried again, things were the same. After initial frustration I went down and logged in on my laptop and the changes HAD, in fact, been saved. I just couldn’t see them on my studio computer because of the browser cache.

I’m not actually sure that WP Super Cache being deactivated had anything to do with the root cause. I’ll try with it activated (clearing the browser cache this time) and report back on the result.

Thanks!

Ken

BTW, I’m LOVING Beaver Builder:).

Hey Ken,

You may want to do a Hard Refresh when you’re experiencing something like that. Glad you’re loving it! Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Ben

OK. It does work without having to disable WP Super Cache. HOWEVER, you do need to clear the cache before going back to edit the page. Also, as noted above, you need to also clear the browser cache - at least using Firefox 40.0.3 on Windows 7.

Thanks for all the help!

Ken

Hey Ken,

No worries! Yes, clearing the WP Super Cache should do but clearing it every after edit would be a hassle. :slight_smile: Anyway, enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben