Changing Font On Slider

I’m currently using the Beaver Builder Template and plugin. I’m trying to change the type font used in the Slider Text on the front page (I’m looking to try a few “thicker” type fonts). Where do go to change the font that’s being used?

Hi John,

If you’re using the Beaver Builder theme, the Slider Title text styling is directly tied to the Header font selected in the Design section of the theme settings. Although you can choose from H1 to H5 and choose a custom size in the Style tab of the Slide in the slider, there isn’t a way to style the title directly without using some custom CSS.

If you’re not using the Beaver Builder theme, then you might be able to style one of your theme’s “H” styles to the way you want the title then select that as the style. i.e. Style your H3 element to be big and bold, then choose H3 as the Style for the Slide.

I hope that’s all understandable.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Colin

That makes sense. Thank you! I think I will have to do some experimenting with this one.

You’re welcome John.

You can use Firebug or Chrome’s Inspector tool to identify the Content Slider element. I’m not at a computer, or I would do it for you, but it’s going to be something like “.fl-content-slider .fl-slide .fl-slide-title”. That’s probably not exactly it, but it will be something close to that.

Once you’ve identified it, you can add some custom css to the Code section in the Theme Settings.

I hope that helps. Let us know how you get on.

Colin

Jim,

I looked for a quick workaround and recorded this quick screencast. Hopefully it helps:)

http://screencast.com/t/I7EwuRoTYr8

Cheers,

Colin

p.s. Apologies for calling you John on my last reply.

Thanks Colin,
I’m following your video and making my changes right now!
I appreciate you going the extra mile with the video :slight_smile:

Jim

It looks like I don’t have a “FONT FAMILY” option.

Hey Jim,

This post on my blog will solve your problem:

http://dynamikbeaver.com/blog/how-to-get-a-better-wordpress-editor-for-free/

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks, Colin. I had that installed before and it seemed to cause a conflict.
I’ll try it again and turn off all the other plugins that may be conflicting.

Jim,

TinyMCE Advanced is a very clean plugin. I’ve been using it on every WordPress site for the last few years and have never had any conflict issues. If you’re having conflicts, then it is likely another plugin.

Let us know if everything works out for you.

Colin

Everything’s working great now. Thanks Colin! The TinyMCE Advanced plugin is working fine now and the project is coming together! It was a related posts plugin (3 of them) that were conflicting.

3 Related Posts plugins is just asking for trouble you know:)

I’m glad it’s all working for you now.

Colin