Color Options for Text and Custom Boxes not working

Good Evening…I have an interesting question. When I add rows or columns and I want to change the color of text or background color, the changes will show up when I select the option that I want, but when I save, the changes will revert back to the original colors. What makes it even stranger is that if I install a template that has colored boxes, I can change the color with no problem and the changes will stay after the save. So it seem as there is an issue with some coding. I am using the Lifestyle Pro theme for Genesis. Please advise, thanks!

Actually, in looking at the threads, it seems that I am having a problem that was supposed to be addressed in an update. What is happening is that I am getting old revisions. In the page editor, I will change the color and press save and then it will revert back to the old color. If I perform the change again (usually several times), eventually Beaver Builder will “catch up” and perform the change. However, this is pretty time consuming. Is there a way around this? Thanks!

http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/published-changes-not-saving/

Looks like I am having the same problems as these individuals…

Hey Lucretia,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

You may be experiencing a caching problem, do you have a plugin for one installed? Or server side caching activated? If so, it’s best to leave them off while actively developing the site. Also, are you running the latest version of the plugin?

Ben

Hi Ben! Thanks for the response! I do not have a cache plugin installed to wordpress, I am not sure about the server side caching. Sorry, pretty new to wordpress and BB. :slight_smile: I am running the latest version of the plugin, so not sure what is going on. If you can point me to were server side caching would be found I can check it out!

Okay, went into plugin and I do have a cache pluggin, so I deactivated it and tried to edit a content box again…this time, when I published the box did change color, but when I went back into the page builder, the old color was still there. I then tried to change another text box and the color did not change when I published edit. So waited a few minutes and then tried again. Still the same color. So the cache is still doing odd things in the background. Any other suggestions?

Hey Lucretia,

Do you mind sharing temp admin access to the site so we can take a look? Maybe list down the steps as well to recreate the issue? You can just post the details here and use the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Lucretia,

A really weird problem you’re having there! I just duplicated the About Me page, played around with it and sure enough, I can recreate the issue. You’re right in that we’ve fixed this kind of problem before and you are using the latest version of the plugin. Do you mind reinstalling the plugin? Also, could you try deactivating all plugins except BB and see if you get the same issue? Let us know how it goes!

Ben

Hi Ben, I just have the problem that just won’t stop! LOL. Reinstalled BB have every plug in turned off and still the same issue. Any ideas?

Hey Lucretia,

Is the site live? Can we change themes, disable all plugins including BB, and etc.?

Ben

Hi Ben, sorry for the delay, yes, the site is live, you can change everything. Would be interested to see what the issue is!

Hey Lucretia,

Just wanted to chime in. Before we proceed further with the test could you probably update the BB plugin to the latest version?

Thanks!

KC

Okay, BB has been updated! Good luck! :slight_smile:

Hey Lucretia,

Great work there. We are looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

KC

Hey Lucretia,

No worries! I’m going to have to ask the other guys to take a look as well. Do you think you can share FTP access to the site?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Lucretia,

I did some testing and it looks like your server is doing some pretty aggressive caching. I checked via FTP and the CSS cache is being updated with changes, but the old CSS is what is being sent to the browser by the server.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s much we can do on our end at this point. Can you try getting in touch with your host and explain the issue to them? Feel free to reference this thread, I would be happy to chime in and help.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin! I was able to reach out to my hosting company and they had me go into my cpanel and turn of server side caching by disabling the varnish feature. I have tested it a bit and it seems as if it is now working…

Great news, Lucretia, let us know if you run into anything further!

Best,
Billy