Conforming Posts (single) with a Template?

I’ve searched the forums, Kbase and Google for a solution, but I’m not coming up with anything terribly useful.

I’m doing a redesign of a site that has blog posts that already have content and I’m wondering if there’s a way to conform them using a template created with Beaver Builder.

Ideally I could apply a BB template to a post so that it has a row with background color, an H1 title in the middle of it (pulled from the post title) and another row with the content of the post.

I’m familiar with creating custom single.php files - I’m just not clear about whether there’s a way to do it that would work the way I’d like. Open to other suggestions!

I’m using BB with Genesis and Dynamik (which is only being used for the Header and Footer), if that matters.

Hey Keith! Thanks for reaching out with your question.

Let me just make sure I am understanding correctly, your site already has blog posts and you essentially want to import the existing post content into Beaver Builder so you can style it? I hate to say it, but I don’t think this is going to be possible using the page builder. You would have to do this with a page template and hand code it. Sorry if that’s not the answer you were hoping for.

Robby - that’s exactly what I want to do, but I’m wondering if there’s any way to call a BB template from within a PHP file (such as single.php).

I’m not sure how BB code is stored in the database - is there a way to pull it in using PHP? I’m thinking there is, as you have the ability to store user templates that can be used on a page. If I know how it was stored and could pull it in with PHP, that would be ideal.

Does that make sense?

Yeah, it does make sense. I hate to say it, but there isn’t currently any way to do this. Sorry.