Connection with GetResponse

Hi guys,

I used the Optin Module, connected to GetResponse with succes before but now the emailaddress isn’t added to GR anymore…

I contacted the GR support and on their end everything is working fine, so they suggest to contact the BB team about this.

Is this an issue since the update of the plugin? Can you please help me out, I really need the connection with GR running smoothly.

Thanks

Regards

Christof

Hey Christof,

Sorry to hear about the issue! Do you think you could share with us your URL and a temp access to your admin so we can take a closer look?

Jun

[Content Hidden]

Hey Christof,

Thanks for the logins! Have you tried checking the settings of your GR account - specifically the opt-in settings. Try turning those off first and see if that helps.

Jun

Hi Jun

I turn them all off by default… So those were turned off from the beginning.
Did you test the optin form with another GetResponse account? Looks like the configuration/connection with GR is the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Hey Christof,

Yes, I did test using another account and it’s working fine. Do you think it might help if we reset this up? i.e. Remove the current configuration, get your API and reset it all up. Try giving it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Jun

Hi Jun

I deleted the configuration, emptied the (server)cache and added the connection again but it’s still not working.

I guess it has something to do with the update of the theme and plugin? Before the update everything was working fine.

Any ideas?

Regards

Christof

Also, the GetResponse support team tells me there’s no reference to GetResponse in the source code of the site?

They don’t see any signup form connected to GR. Maybe we need to look in that direction?

Hey Christof,

I don’t think it’s the plugin since we ran our own tests using a different GR account; furthermore, you’re not using the BB theme from what I can see. This might be a conflicting plugin, would it be possible for you to go through the disable plugins route? Disable all plugins and see if it works, if so re-enable all plugins to figure out which one is causing the issue. You can do the same thing with the theme i.e switching it to a default theme like twenty-eleven.

Jun

Hi Jun

I’m running the BB theme in White label (agency account).

I’ll try disabling all plug-ins and reactivate one by one.

Regards

Christof

Hi Jun

I disabled all plugins (except the BB plugin) and activated the default Twenty Sixteen theme but this didn’t resolve the issue.

I can enter my emailaddress, I get the confirmation message but nothing happens in GetResponse. I tried switching on the permission with API but no confirmation email is sent to me (and my emailaddress isn’t added to GR)

Very frustrating, because I run some websites for clients and all optin forms stopped working after the update to BB 1.7.6. So no leads are generated for my clients…

Regards

Christof

[Content Hidden]

Hey Christof,

Sorry that you had to go through that process, we understand how tedious it can be. I think I’ve figured this out. I ran some more tests on your site and it appears that GR is not accepting contacts without first names. In their tutorial on how to get rid of first names on their own subscribe form they opted to just hide the field and add in a default value of ‘friend’ so it seems that the first name is really a mandatory field for GR.

I added a BB-test page on your site and used our test GR account to confirm this.

Jun

Hi Jun

Thanks for checking this out.
What’s the fix for this issue?

Hey Christof,

If possible, show the first name on the subscribe form module, you had yours set to hidden. This would be the quickest way we can get this resolved for the time being.

Jun

Hi Jun

Will this be fixed in a future release? I actually don’t want/need the first name of the lead.

Regards

Christof

Hey Christof,

Sorry but this is actually not an issue with BB or the module but it’s GR’s stipulation. We do provide the option to hide the first name on the module but they won’t be added to your list since GR won’t accept contacts without a first name, they’ve made this mandatory. I was actually kind of surprised they hadn’t noticed that your form didn’t have a first name field.

Jun

Hi Jun

here’s the response from the GetResponse support team:

“This depends on which version of Api they are using. In older api v1.5 name
field is NOT mandatory, in never REST v3 api name field is in fact
required.”

So basically: when I don’t want to ask for the first name, I need to switch to another email service?

Regards

Christof

Hi Jun

I tested it with the first name field shown, but this doesn’t fix the problem.
I enter my name and emailaddress but it doesn’t appear in GetResponse…

Regards

Christof

I was too fast… The contacts are now added to GR :wink: