Content Missing From Draft

Hi!

I am the admin for our website and one of the team created a page with Beaver Builder for me to review. When I log in and select the page, there is no information in the page. Its as if the page is new and there is no content from my colleague. Are you aware of issues like this and can you direct me to a fix for this problem? also, does this mean that the content is lost?

Thanks!

Hello Brad,

Thanks for getting in touch! Not really aware of any issues like that. Usually, if the Page Builder isn’t working right, the content should still be view-able on the WordPress editor. Could you check that and see if your content is there? You could also deactivate the BB plugin then check on the WordPress editor, see if that makes a difference. If it’s still blank, you can check the revisions on the WordPress editor and see if there were any changes there.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response. We uncovered a few details today that might provide additional clarity (we hope) to the problem.

The missing content problem appears to be an issue when the content is in draft form. We save the draft and the content is not available to preview. It is also not in the text editor in WordPress. There is an additional caveat to all of this as well. We are in transition from Innovo Studio Content Builder and it is still active on the site with Beaver Builder so there could be a conflict there… but I am not sure.

Anyhow, I just wanted to add that info to the thread so that you would have a clearer picture of our challenge right now. Any thoughts?

Hello Brad,

Having 2 page builders on a site would, most of the time, result in compatibility issues. I’d suggest the plugin deactivation route, i.e., deactivate all plugins except BB and if the problem goes away, reactivate the plugins one by one until the culprit 3rd party plugin is found.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back so fast.

I just tried removing all plugins and I have the same problem. I also have a different installation with a different them and no plugins added, and I get the same problem.

Not really sure how to proceed. Any other thoughts?

Hey Brad,

Can you leave the plugins out and try using the default twentyX theme and see if you get the same problem? If you do, we might need to dig in further. Would it be possible for you to grant us temporary admin access to the site via private reply?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Brad,

Sorry I think I misunderstood your issue. Not being able to see the content of the page in the WordPress editor is normal behavior for a draft. You have to go to the page builder to see the draft itself. It only gets transferred to the WordPress editor once you publish the page. You can read this for more information. Is there a specific reason though you’d use the preview in WordPress and not the page builder?

Once again, I apologize for the confusion.

Ben

No problem Ben!

The reason for viewing the content this way is based more on our previous workflow tendencies and some of our site editors are more novices than anything so this might trip them up when creating pages. If this is the intended behavior of the tool, then we can simply train them to be aware of this when creating drafts.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Gotcha. And I even had you go through all of those processes! Anyway, I’ll be marking this as resolved now, Brad. Have fun with The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben